Trail Boss powder, anyone?

LanceS4803

Finally got the bullets I wanted for subsonic .308 deer load development, but haven't been able to find the power, Trail Boss. (I want to use this because of the case filling bulk.) I have lots of other powders, just not this.
Any suggestions?

ttf909

Try this place .

LanceS4803

Hornady lists h322 and h4895 but I haven't tried either. I use Blue Dot in 223 Subsonic but it's not listed for 308.
I guess it is time to explore other options. I really don't want to use filler with a suppressor.
Try this place .
No go. Heck, even the blood thirsty scalpers on gunbroker don't have any.

Omega

Finally got the bullets I wanted for subsonic .308 deer load development, but haven't been able to find the power, Trail Boss. (I want to use this because of the case filling bulk.) I have lots of other powders, just not this.
Any suggestions?
Have you developed a load yet, or looking to do so? Stop by Midsouth and see if they will let you place a backorder in person (site says no but...). Inventory sheet says I have some, but don't know if it's a full lb or not, if it's full I'll let you have it at cost, I don't think I have a load developed with it.

DaveTN

Trail Boss is made for Hodgdon by ADI in Australia for more than a year the following has been the statement on their website.

Trail Boss – This propellant is unlikely to be released in 2022 as there continues to be an active research and development project associated with its manufacturing optimisation.

I would think if they plan on making it again there would be some news there first, but who knows.

LanceS4803

Just starting development.
I see the Brits like to shoot .308 subsonic and Trail Boss is not available there. So, they have been using Vihtavuori N32C. Will have to look in to that.
I need to return some PMs from folks that have leads on it.

Latest posts