Food Plots Tractors

OutdoorJunkie

Wondering y'all's thoughts on a good 35-45hp utility tractor for a reasonable price? I've been looking at the Massey Ferguson 1840e and 2604h models. Let me know if any of you all can help!

Pioneer1789

Massey 1700 and 2700e series tractors are made by Iseki in Japan. Very high quality machines. Some of them have the added benefit of not needing exhaust Regen. Kubota L series tractors are good machines as well. I bought a 73hp Kioti last year. I've put 76 trouble free hours on it.

Whatever route you take, make sure your dealer is reputable. Good service department, been around a while, not just tractors on a roadside stand.

tellico4x4

We've got a Kubota L3400 & a M5200. Both are great small tractors. The M is better for any type dirt engagement due to power & weight. However, the L is much more nimble and easier to get into tight places where a lot of our plots are.

OutdoorJunkie

I've definitely been looking at the Kubota tractors along with the John Deere 3038 and 3043d. One that has been intriguing me is the new bobcat tractors as well. Still unsure of them though. Just need something to bush hog and plant food plots on a small hunting property.

wildlifefarmer

I choose the Kubota 7060. Largest I could afford to handle most of the equipment to be used or wanted to use. From a 12 foot disk to 15 foot hog and to 8 foot drill. The only mistake was not getting AC. Hot humid days when you bush hog your butt will get chapped from sweat even if you have a topper. Good luck with whatever tractor y'all decide to get.

Pioneer1789

I've definitely been looking at the Kubota tractors along with the John Deere 3038 and 3043d. One that has been intriguing me is the new bobcat tractors as well. Still unsure of them though. Just need something to bush hog and plant food plots on a small hunting property.
Bobcat tractors are rebranded Kioti tractors.

hitek

We have a couple Mahindra's and treat them like bulldozers. I can't believe mine actually runs anymore. I have been very pleased with them.

BSK

Have a John Deere 3032E. LOVE IT! However, with the amount of tilling we're now doing, I wish I had a 5 Series in 4WD.

JCDEERMAN

I choose the Kubota 7060. Largest I could afford to handle most of the equipment to be used or wanted to use. From a 12 foot disk to 15 foot hog and to 8 foot drill. The only mistake was not getting AC. Hot humid days when you bush hog your butt will get chapped from sweat even if you have a topper. Good luck with whatever tractor y'all decide to get.
What drill do you use?

We have a Great Plains 3P606NT and it is super heavy. It is actually really wearing on our 78 hp tractor (Ford 6610). We need a tractor with a front end loader. We were looking into a Kubota M8200 or M9000. Do you have any knowledge of either of those two? I imagine the 7060 would work, but they all seem relatively at the same price point, so I figure, "why not go bigger?"

Pioneer1789

What drill do you use?

We have a Great Plains 3P606NT and it is super heavy. It is actually really wearing on our 78 hp tractor (Ford 6610). We need a tractor with a front end loader. We were looking into a Kubota M8200 or M9000. Do you have any knowledge of either of those two? I imagine the 7060 would work, but they all seem relatively at the same price point, so I figure, "why not go bigger?"
No till drills have to be really heavy to cut the ground. Pull behind models can be heavier as the 3pt lift capacity doesn't matter. You lose maneuverability though. My 73hp Kioti 4x4 pulled a 3500lb great plains just fine up some pretty good hills this spring.

JCDEERMAN

No till drills have to be really heavy to cut the ground. Pull behind models can be heavier as the 3pt lift capacity doesn't matter. You lose maneuverability though. My 73hp Kioti 4x4 pulled a 3500lb great plains just fine up some pretty good hills this spring.
Ours works, but we don't have a front end loader on it, so we bought a lot of weights to put on the front. Or else, when loaded with 600 lbs of seed, the front end would come off the ground if you took off too fast. Man, it is putting a lot of wear and tear on the front with all those weights. We just had to repair the power steering line up there that broke. Tractor works great for all the rest of our equipment. We just need one with a front end loader. Not only would that come in handy, tractors with them are made for weight leverage up front. That would help even us out we believe

Pioneer1789

Ours works, but we don't have a front end loader on it, so we bought a lot of weights to put on the front. Or else, when loaded with 600 lbs of seed, the front end would come off the ground if you took off too fast. Man, it is putting a lot of wear and tear on the front with all those weights. We just had to repair the power steering line up there that broke. Tractor works great for all the rest of our equipment. We just need one with a front end loader. Not only would that come in handy, tractors with them are made for weight leverage up front. That would help even us out we believe
Consider getting the fronts loaded with fluid also. I wish I had. I feel like I'm stuck leaving the loader on there even when it's a detriment, like mowing in tight places. My ground is way too steep not to have weight on the front of some kind.

JCDEERMAN

Consider getting the fronts loaded with fluid also. I wish I had. I feel like I'm stuck leaving the loader on there even when it's a detriment, like mowing in tight places. My ground is way too steep not to have weight on the front of some kind.
Thought about that. You think that would cause less wear and tear than the added weights, since it is not necessarily added weight to the tractor - rather more of an anchor (without all the stress on the frame)? Hope that makes sense. Another thing we do is keep the fuel tank full since it is up front.

I know what you mean about tight spaces. HA my butt has puckered a few times lifting that drill on several slopes - all our fields are on ridge tops and the sides of those tops.

wildlifefarmer

What drill do you use?

I have all pull type using my remotes. We went this direction due to hillsides and Kubota is a light tractor compared to some of the older tractors. Either of those would be more than enough tractor.

Cull Buck Hunter

Have a 2013 Kioti DS3510 and a 1999 Kubota TL35 backhoe in 35hp, both are good machines, the Kubota is more refined and the Kioti is a great value but basic, but basic works for me 1200hrs and no problems, that i didn't cause. Get a true third function on your loader and a grapple bucket and you will not regret it.

Latest posts