Tractor love.

fishboy1

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Got a 5' pto tiller for the tractor. Had to put a new O ring in my selector since it was doing a BP impersonation but once that was fixed.....

Oooooh baby. Got the entire garden aka "the parking lot" tilled up and ready to plant in about an hour. No blisters. No chiropractor, just soft crumbly dirt.

gotta love it!

fishboy1

Ok. I think I have a problem.

Now I am eyeing any part of the yard that doesn't have trees or rocks and contemplating additional garden spots.

Hi, my name is fishboy and I am a tiller-holic. :D

wlf89

:D i seen the first one in action the other day and i have to say it did a wonderful job but it make the dirt to fine for me. i like it to not be fine as powder so it wont pack as bad when it gets rained on. but i would like ot have one of them and run my chisel plow over after till it and i think it would be good then. great time saver thats for sure one pass and its ready to plant.

Sako

wlf89 said:
:D i seen the first one in action the other day and i have to say it did a wonderful job but it make the dirt to fine for me. i like it to not be fine as powder so it wont pack as bad when it gets rained on. but i would like ot have one of them and run my chisel plow over after till it and i think it would be good then. great time saver thats for sure one pass and its ready to plant.

If it is like mine, the "gate" on the back can "adjust" how fine the tillage is.... by the quotes I mean, if the back gate or flap is all the way up it will let the dirt out quicker and does not till it up as fine as with the flap lowered.

Paul Burns

If I do not want the dirt as fine when I till I just go up to the next speed. Less time to cover the same area. works for me but I have a tractor with an extra slow ground speed for tilling with 3 speed ranges in creep position.

fishboy1

I wish my tractor had a slower granny gear just for tilling. 1 low is pretty good but my ground needs a little extra grinding to get the clods broken up.

Nothing like planting in golf balls!

Latest posts