TN fans awful quite

TreyB

Re: TN fans awful quite

You have a weird obsession with the NFL that you "hate". The Titans has a great season. Nothing to hate on them at all.

PillsburyDoughboy

TreyB":1w6uaqqa said:
You have a weird obsession with the NFL that you "hate". The Titans has a great season. Nothing to hate on them at all.

I just found it odd that on one of the biggest games in 17 years of the franchise there was not one single thread about Yesterday's game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

I'll bite.

I actually meant to start a game thread but some folks will understand that life gets in the way. Not in a bad way, just been busy. Sunday started with all kinds of promise. Big cold front had me up at 3:15 to get after some ducks & get a pork butt smoking for the game. The duck hunt was very unsuccessful, the pork very successful. Either way I was tied up & then it was game time.

Going into the game I told a buddy that we were playing with house money. Snuck into the playoffs and then upset 2 teams the talking heads said we shouldn't have beat. Once the game got going and it was obvious we could compete I wasn't cool with settling for "happy to be here".

Trip to Nashville & back yesterday I got a lot of sports talk and some seemed to think the chiefs stopped Henry, others pointed out that they didn't do that as much as the Titans got away from that type of game. I agree with the latter and while it was out of necessity in the second half, I still feel like we got away from the run too early.

I definitely think the Titans could have called a better game on both sides of the ball, but I think KC is also that good. At least on offense. When we got quick pressure on Mahomes we held our own. When we only rushed 3-4 and dropped everybody into coverage he picked us apart. It is tough enough to cover those speedsters at WR for 3-4 seconds, much less for 5+. The turning point, in my mind was that scramble Mahomes had for a TD towards the end of the 1st half. That was some of the worst pursuit and tackling I have seen from the Titans all year. Lamar Jackson stacked up rushing yards in the divisional round, but it felt like Mahomes hurt us more in that category Sunday. He is so good at running efficiently and getting first downs. He has a great stat line yesterday, but his stat line when they played in TN dwarfed yesterdays'. So, KC won the game, they are electric and deadly on offense, but we could have played it closer.

I also noted how SF won their game. 8 passes from JG (No, not that JG!). You can win by dominating the ground game and T.O.P. We got away from that and could not catch up to KC.

On the whole, it was a fun year. Happy with Vrabel. Sad to see Dean Peas retire. We need to resign Henry. As good as Tannehill was this year, I do not think we should give him a big deal. I feel like we can get a young QB who may not be as good, but can be close enough we can use salary elsewhere to shore up some spots or get more depth. A premier pass rusher would help and I feel like our secondary, or the CBS at least, are very Jekyll & Hyde.

I am a Titans fan but to be honest they don't move the needle like the Vols do for me.
I am curious Doughboy, how much time do we have next season after a game is finished before you deem it too long and just have to get some TN chatter going? Hope that satisfies but it may not.. there is some original thought about football with no links to Yahoo Sports articles or memes for bandwagon fans.

cardia10

Totally agree. Sadly, Nashville is one of the smallest market teams in the NFL. Anytime the Titans or Predators make a run, it surprises the rest of the country more than it does us, because sadly, many of us just don't care. Kind of like rooting for the college team closest to your house. It is convenient but not really satisfying.

Displaced_Vol

cardia10":1mx02s9v said:
Totally agree. Sadly, Nashville is one of the smallest market teams in the NFL. Anytime the Titans or Predators make a run, it surprises the rest of the country more than it does us, because sadly, many of us just don't care. Kind of like rooting for the college team closest to your house. It is convenient but not really satisfying.

Yeah I listen to a lot of national sports talk shows and the titans are always an after thought. Which is fine, I'm not an idiot, I get it but it always feels like "oh look at the Titans, good for them...". Didn't Vrabel or somebody take a couple shots at the hometown fans on that note?

To be fair, it doesn't help that we are the best in the league at finishing 8-8, give or take a game. We have really made a home in that grey area where you can't draft high enough to get any buzz and you don't win quite (not quiet) enough to be a serious contender that the talking heads break down week to week.

Latest posts