TN Boys in Ice Fishing Tourney

jakeway

My son and his buddies just got back from their annual ice fishing trip to Cadillac, MI. They did well again.

Clark Hastings from Hendersonville won first place (out of 700 entrants) in the Pike division with a 13 pounder, and my son Joe got second with an 8 pounder.

And it was probably warmer up there than it was down here lately; they had highs near 30!

Clarkpike.jpg

Big Ben

Nice Slimy Snake that guy caught. I do miss the hard water fishing.

Funny from a southern gal...she said God is good to us, he gives us sunshine all year round.

Northern gal.... Well God is better to us than you, not only do we get sunshine but he also lets us walk on water part of the year.

jakeway

I'm planning to go up there Feb 26-28. Hope the the weather holds!

Joe likes to buy the suckers that they usually use as spearing decoy minnows, and puts them on the tip ups.

I believe the minimum size for pike is 24" They caught 8 keepers and 18 short ones.

Coach

jakeway said:
I'm planning to go up there Feb 26-28. Hope the the weather holds!

Joe likes to buy the suckers that they usually use as spearing decoy minnows, and puts them on the tip ups.

I believe the minimum size for pike is 24" They caught 8 keepers and 18 short ones.

Yep, 24" is the min....The weather here has been really cold at night and 20's during the day. We had 8 inches of snow on Wednesday in the southern part of Michigan and they had around 5 inches in the northern counties. Things don't change too much here until late March...Good luck on your trip