Tips on finding lost arrows?

TNDeerGuy

Tips on finding lost arrows? Yeah....don't miss! :D (Sorry....that was just teed up to nice to not take a swing) :)

Seriously though, most of the time they will be bury up in the leaves/ground and somehow or another always find a way to hide within plain sight. I use bright colors that will contrast well such as whites and/or flourescents. Also, I rake from the side instead of longways to the shot that way I'm more likely to kick the arrow up.

smokepolemonky

I use a metal detector and find all mine.Even the carbon arrows i shoot now.Just sweep over an arrow like you shot to make shure the metal detector is set on the right setting.Before that i used the method of using a leaf rake like was mentioned above and it worked but was a pain in deep leaves and grass.Good luck and i hope you find them.

catman529

flung an arrow one time at dusk into an overgrown field. Thought it was a goner. Few days later, caught a glimpse of a shaft under all the dead brush. I guess it's part luck and part knowing where your arrow flew, unless there was a ricochet, then it's mostly just luck.

SES

stik said:
barefoot. you can feel it when you step on it. NOT recommended if you were shooting broadheads!
x2. If I can't find one by just looking, the shoes come off.

WRbowhunter

Something I started with my hunting arrows is wrap a little piece of reflective tape just below the nock. It really makes it easy to find them in the dark. In fact I hit this doe one afternoon and did not get a clean pass through and to be honest was not the best shot. However after tracking her about 100 yds lost the blood then spotted the arrow and reflective tape about 50 yds away. I'm sure I would have found her anyway but it sure did save some time.