Tip of the day.

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

It’s best to read AND UNDERSTAND all directions when playing with new toys. I got my 6 year old a drone for Christmas and admittedly flew it a lot more than him. I’m new to drones and didn’t realize it before flying it how hard it would be to tell what direction it was headed once it got out a little ways. I was always careful to pay close attention to its orientation as I was flying it. Well yesterday I’m outside talking with a buddy and I hear the drone take off behind me and before I could get to my son the drone was way up there and gone with the wind as they say lol. I grabbed the remote and instantly knew I was in trouble because I couldn’t figure out which way was which. I remembered at that moment that I had glanced over a section in the manual about something you could do with the remote to get it to come back if this happened but as I said I just glanced at it lol. Yep I have no clue where that thing landed. It was headed over a 125-150 acre patch of woods last time I saw it lol.
Now I’m in the market for a new one but this time I want one with a camera and the ability to view it on my phone or something so at least I can see which dang way it’s headed. Any suggestions?

catman529

catman529

Lol you done goofed...

Reminds me of one time at least 10 years ago, I was still a teenager, I used to ride my bike through the neighborhood all the time. Dude had got his helicopter stuck in a treetop and had tried a bunch but couldn't get it down. He said if I could get it down, I could keep it. I tied on an empty kite twine spool to one of my fishing rods, and cast a bunch of times till I snagged the right branch and shook the helicopter loose. It needed a couple new parts, but I flew it for a while, it flew good. :D

Good luck with your new drone purchase... if I was gonna get one, I would bite the bullet and get a DJI

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

catman529":1tqiuu9c said:
if I was gonna get one, I would bite the bullet and get a DJI

Just checked them out. Wow!! I like having quality things but I’m looking for a toy on this one not a new hobby lol.

catman529

catman529

TRIGGER":3nmuqb61 said:
catman529":3nmuqb61 said:
if I was gonna get one, I would bite the bullet and get a DJI

Just checked them out. Wow!! I like having quality things but I’m looking for a toy on this one not a new hobby lol.
that's the problem with hobbies...I would have 10 more hobbies if I had the time and money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U

Urban_Hunter

Lol

I was in a big hurry one day to show my buddy my new 60 size nitro plane. It was getting dark when we got to the park, put everything together real fast and took off. I never plugged the aileron servo into the rx. It was way out of trim and I flew it full tilt into a stop sign. I literally thought my buddy was going to die from lack of breathing he was laughing so hard. Took 30 mins to find 90% of the pieces

DaveB

DaveB

NewEgg has one on sale for only $800.00.

It looks somewhat un-aerodynamic but I guess choppers aren't supposed to be cool.

For 800, I could pay the doc to fix me up after wife gets done with me for spending that much money on a toy you crash two or 3 times a day.