Food Plots Tip for those with older tractors!

PalsPal

My dad & I got a Ford 3000 four years ago. I have done a lot of bushhogging and discing with it, and found that after being on it more than 4-5 hours my back would hurt for a few days, as the seat would jar me pretty good even with sitting on an extra cushion.

So, I got a replacement seat for it (got mine on eBay for $110, incl shipping) and this thing is GREAT. It absorbs a lot of the jarring, and I highly recommend replacing your seat if you are getting beat to death.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUSPENSION-SEAT ... 1713293501?

Hunter 257W

Apparently we have different ideas of what makes a tractor "old". That seat is way too new in design to go on my tractors. :) My newest was built in 1950!

PalsPal

Hunter 257W":366jaczb said:
Apparently we have different ideas of what makes a tractor "old". That seat is way too new in design to go on my tractors. :) My newest was built in 1950!

Well, mine was mid 60's to mid 70's, so I consider that old. These seats have a universal bracket to fit all types.

Was on it all afternoon today, and feel no ill effects, whereas with the old seat my back would have been killing me.

Hunter 257W

PalsPal":1idmwtse said:
Hunter 257W":1idmwtse said:

Well, mine was mid 60's to mid 70's, so I consider that old. These seats have a universal bracket to fit all types.

Was on it all afternoon today, and feel no ill effects, whereas with the old seat my back would have been killing me.

Yeah, I was just joking. 60's and 70's is definitely old. Glad you found something that makes it more enjoyable to use your tractors. I did a similar mod to one of mine several years ago by adding a larger steering wheel for the M Farmall to make it easier to turn. The M was about as big as tractors could get without having power steering.