Timber or Field Now??

JXB0805

I've only hunted, moved around the timber a couple of times this year but when I have it's been good.
I drive a ways for work, and the movement in fields seemed to have slowed down the last few days.

JXB0805

Seeing fields full everywhere and cameras constantly going off in very small field

I'd say there is no right or wrong answer. I do like woods hunting in mornings though. That's always been my preference
It seems the woods are better in the morning on this farm I'm hunting. Also, this is the first year on this place, learning curve.

backyardtndeer

Would depend on what the deer are doing where your are. I do like to sit in the woods in the mornings, but I have killed some nice bucks on fields or between fields in mornings this time of year.

44 mag

I have one of my coworkers kids trying to get her on her first deer. So we are in a ground blind on a field edge. I think it will easier for her to find one in the scope and get in it in the field vs woods. If I was by myself I would be in a cedar thicket that is covered up in rubs and scrapes. First sign I have found all year and just last weekend did they start leaving it.

JXB0805

I have one of my coworkers kids trying to get her on her first deer. So we are in a ground blind on a field edge. I think it will easier for her to find one in the scope and get in it in the field vs woods. If I was by myself I would be in a cedar thicket that is covered up in rubs and scrapes. First sign I have found all year and just last weekend did they start leaving it.
Wow, it's crazy the sign is showing up so late.

BLOODTRAIL

2-Step Enabled
Been hunting woods all season until this morning. Sitting in ladder stand in field today. Seen 5 does and 2 small bucks. I'm not much of a field hunter it seems by 8 o'clock nothing hits the fields.

Squirle hunter

I know fields are good some times. Open woods offer viewing at a distance. But if a big ol mature buck is what you fancy find the biggest nastiest over grown thicket you got and sit there on their trail if you can see 50 yds it not thick enough. Just my 2cents