Tikka T3X Veil worth it

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Cycle the bolt on one next time you're in Bass Pro and decide for yourself. I personally think they feel incredibly well made. Only quibble might be with the plastic detachable magazine, but that ship sailed across the entire industry a long time ago.

jetwrnch

I own several Tikkas, but never heard of the veil. Best thing about the Tikka is that it likes anything you feed it. Been my experience anyway. I usually add an aftermarket stock, but the Tuperware stock is fine. Don't know what the veil has.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Cycle the bolt on one next time you're in Bass Pro and decide for yourself. I personally think they feel incredibly well made. Only quibble might be with the plastic detachable magazine, but that ship sailed across the entire industry a long time ago.
Yes this I have done this and silky smooth it is. I was caught off guard when I seen the trigger guard and magazine was plastic. Like you said that ship as sailed, but I understand the magazine just plain works with reduced weight (ounces).
I own several Tikkas, but never heard of the veil. Best thing about the Tikka is that it likes anything you feed it. Been my experience anyway. I usually add an aftermarket stock, but the Tuperware stock is fine. Don't know what the veil has.
Yes the Veil has the plastic as well.
Not familiar with the veil, but you can't go wrong with a Tikka.
The Veil is just the T3X Lite but tricked out with camo stock, MB, cerakote, fluted barrel and bolt.

mike243

Brother bought a 300swm for a elk hunt years ago, something plastic broke on the bolt and had to borrow a bolt out of a buddys gun to finish the hunt, ever since then I wont buy a gun with plastic bolt parts

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Brother bought a 300swm for a elk hunt years ago, something plastic broke on the bolt and had to borrow a bolt out of a buddys gun to finish the hunt, ever since then I wont buy a gun with plastic bolt parts
Yeah like mentioned by TN Song Dog they may have resolved that issue because I have not read or seen anything plastic concerning the bolt.

mike243

It put a nice elk down with out any problem. Not sure on any other and wondered why the part broke to begin with.

UTGrad

I have 3 Tikka T3x (308,3006 and 6.5 Creedmoor). My favorite rifles and they all are shooters.

The benefit of the Veil is it has a threaded barrel so you can add a brake or suppressor if you wish. I also belief the Veil has a slightly thicker barrel profile so it might not heat up as fast when on the range.

Latest posts