Tigrett WMA hunting accident

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
From what I understand, they were putting a boat blind on and one of his kids guns(leaned on the side of the boat,from what I can gather) slid over and went off shooting him in the butt/leg area near the crotch. He had surgery last night, and will probably have another today. Injuries are serious, but not life threatening. He will recover, but he's probably done for the season. Hope it does not scar the kid too much.

redheadshooter

It was a scary ordeal for sure. I will say, his 2 boys in the boat had the cognizance to get him to a blind that people were in and call 911 immediately. Duck hunters from all over the bottom came to help.

MickThompson

Never load a gun until everyone is set, ready to hunt, and guns are in hand (under control). I hate to be that guy, but accidents like this are completely avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTG-05

MickThompson":q98pufwg said:
Never load a gun until everyone is set, ready to hunt, and guns are in hand (under control). I hate to be that guy, but accidents like this are completely avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

Southern Sportsman

He can raise his hand and be recognized if he wants, but a member and regular poster here was integral in the rescue operation. Others may have been as well, but well done to all involved with saving this man's life.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Southern Sportsman":35ua1ufo said:
He can raise his hand and be recognized if he wants, but a member and regular poster here was integral in the rescue operation. Others may have been as well, but well done to all involved with saving this man's life.

That's awesome.
Sure glad the guy is gonna be ok.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I received a pm from the tndeer member that was there.
All I can say is my hat is off to this fine man and his partner.
Neither want any "praise" as "they just did what anyone would have done", notice the quotation marks.

It happened Sunday about 1:30. He shot himself in the groin and it exited through his rear end with a 10 gauge.
He was laying in the bottom of the boat and his boys came to my blind. It was really a terrible ordeal.
His two young sons played a very important role in him surviving. They maintained great composure and drove the boat to my blind so they played a big part.

My partner applied pressure while I went to get an ambulance they couldn't find the location we were at.
It was just by the grace of God the young man has survived he's going to have a long row to hoe.
They were putting up a pop-up blind and the gun fell over and discharge. Just an accident. I believe the extreme cold weather may help play a part in saving him from bleeding to death. He is in the Med. They are thinking about moving him into a semi-private room in a few days.

I just wanted to share the update and information.
Once again I am shown that some of the best people in the world hang out right here on tndeer.

rem270

RUGER":2n8lepu9 said:
I received a pm from the tndeer member that was there.
All I can say is my hat is off to this fine man and his partner.
Neither want any "praise" as "they just did what anyone would have done", notice the quotation marks.

It happened Sunday about 1:30. He shot himself in the groin and it exited through his rear end with a 10 gauge.
He was laying in the bottom of the boat and his boys came to my blind. It was really a terrible ordeal.
His two young sons played a very important role in him surviving. They maintained great composure and drove the boat to my blind so they played a big part.

My partner applied pressure while I went to get an ambulance they couldn't find the location we were at.
It was just by the grace of God the young man has survived he's going to have a long row to hoe.
They were putting up a pop-up blind and the gun fell over and discharge. Just an accident. I believe the extreme cold weather may help play a part in saving him from bleeding to death. He is in the Med. They are thinking about moving him into a semi-private room in a few days.

I just wanted to share the update and information.
Once again I am shown that some of the best people in the world hang out right here on tndeer.

That is awesome! Glad everyone came together and saved his life.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
4 operations so far, gonna be a long road to get back from. (This is per our pastor, who has talked ot him and his wife both).

Latest posts