Tier 2 blinds unfinished

West_Tn

Looking back at the video when they voted for this crap. Watch the video at the 5 hour 20min mark 05:20:00

Angie knew how it would go, but Chris Spewed his BS saying they could get it done.

Dodge Man

I would bet you a doughnut there are some family ties there.
Maybe not to anyone in TWRA but I bet the commission.
I would be surprised if the contractors that buid on these blinds set foot on the locations before making the bids. I bet most looked at the blind design the TWRA already had drawn up and placed the bid solely off that and maybe a description they were told for the location of each blind. I would assume that it was much more difficult than any of them planned is why they are so far behind. I would also assume the company building the blinds are not working 7 days a week to get them done. Most likely 2-3 days a week and then working on other jobs like building houses most of the week.

Dodge Man

I know they had a deadline that has already passed, but was there any penalty for not meeting the deadline? If there was no penalty like the company pays $5,000 a day for every day pass the deadline! I know most if not all major building jobs end up weeks or months pass the projected finish date. But something like this the state should have put in some major penalty's for not finishing on time. Or for some no later than Nov 1. They are going to end up so late they will not find trees with leaves to brush the blinds.

drake799

I thought I seen something about a penalty for
Not being done on time. But I wouldn't swear to that. As much time they've had they outta all be done and brushed. With the traditional draw basically every blind would be complete by now and that was just finding out the first Saturday in August

Dodge Man

Planned dates to finish is going to be really late.

B321C291-F025-4EDA-B636-D69294CD8975.png

West_Tn

They actually bragged about how using their TWRA employees to work on the blinds to get them finished wasn't costing any extra money. Also bragged about how they would be coming out ahead after the fines for the work not being completed by Oct 1st.

flyinpro

I disagree. I really hope the person (or people) that put in for one of these spots gets shafted. If the blinds aren't done by season opener, and someone put in for it based on Agency's promise of "opportunity", they're going to raise a stink. Someone got their jimmy stuck in a vise with this one.
Wow, hoping those who draw a blind, for just a 3 day hunt get shafted! Demonstrates the distain some people who are local around West Tennessee have for those hunters in the eastern part of the state, who just want to have a fair opportunity to hunt.

Same kind of homers who damage other people's vehicles & property. I agree government mostly screws everything up, but we are stuck with gobment.

Hduke86

Wow, hoping those who draw a blind, for just a 3 day hunt get shafted! Demonstrates the distain some people who are local around West Tennessee have for those hunters in the eastern part of the state, who just want to have a fair opportunity to hunt.

Same kind of homers who damage other people's vehicles & property. I agree government mostly screws everything up, but we are stuck with gobment.
I seriously doubt TAFKAP is a "homer" that's going to damage any vehicle or property. If he is, I got lucky that he didn't destroy my East Tennessee truck when I met him lol. I'm pretty sure he was saying that EVERYONE that wanted the Twra to be involved with building these blinds thinking it's going to be the next best thing since sliced bread and thinking TWRA would take care of them would be pissed and would actually voice their displeasure over it. We ALL have had the same "opportunities" to hunt these same WMA's. TWRA never told me to go back home if I showed up for a duck blind drawing and had a East Tennessee county on my license plate.

drake799

I seriously doubt TAFKAP is a "homer" that's going to damage any vehicle or property. If he is, I got lucky that he didn't destroy my East Tennessee truck when I met him lol. I'm pretty sure he was saying that EVERYONE that wanted the Twra to be involved with building these blinds thinking it's going to be the next best thing since sliced bread and thinking TWRA would take care of them would be pissed and would actually voice their displeasure over it. We ALL have had the same "opportunities" to hunt these same WMA's. TWRA never told me to go back home if I showed up for a duck blind drawing and had a East Tennessee county on my license plate.
Thank you for showing up in person to the draws!!! Respect

TAFKAP

I think you missed the point.

The agency screwed up the whole shebang, and they promised rainbows and unicorns to everyone. Now that it's obvious they're not going to deliver the product they promised, I'm hoping there's ample opportunity (there's that word again) to roast them.

Latest posts