Ticks are out

pcrc

Got one on me last weekend. I didnt even think to use permethrine this time of year. In the fall I wont get out of the truck without it.

catman529

Buckykm1 said:
What is permethrine.
permethrin is a chemical that you spray on your clothes and gear, not your skin, and it kills chiggers and ticks on contact. It has to be diluted quite a bit too. You can buy the Sawyer permethrin bug spray or buy a more concentrated formula in a small bottle at TSC, co-op, etc and mix with enough water to get the right concentration. Once it's sprayed on your clothes it should last a few loads thru laundry before you have to re spray.

Vermin93

Buckykm1 said:
What is permethrine.

It is a must-have product, in my opinion. There is a video here that explains the product and how to use it:

Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray

If you buy the Sawyer brand, I would definitely get the large 24oz trigger spray bottle. They make it in an aerosol spray can, but if there's any wind out it blows everywhere when you try to apply it to your clothes.

It's available online from many retailers. Walmart also sells it in some stores. Sometimes it sells out in stores during tick and mosquito season.

Sawyer Permethrin Pump Spray - 24 oz.

Outdoor life

Pulled the 1st one off of me this year yesterday after fishing/shed hunting all day.

Ticks usually don't like me, like I may have 1 but the person right next to me can be ate up with them...kinda weird.

catman529

Outdoor life said:
Pulled the 1st one off of me this year yesterday after fishing/shed hunting all day.

Ticks usually don't like me, like I may have 1 but the person right next to me can be ate up with them...kinda weird.
you are blessed.... dang ticks love me

Outdoor life

catman529 said:
Outdoor life said:

I do feel lucky, but instead gnats, mosquitoes, and sweat bees (especially when fishing) always find me.

TRIGGER

Just walked to an old cabin 75' off the road to retrieve an old door for a project for the wife and found one crawling on me. Hate ticks.

KPH

I have found a big dose of vitammin B helps with ticks also with chiggers will not totaley stop them but will slow them down where you don't get as many.

catman529

Outdoor life said:
catman529 said:
Outdoor life said:

I do feel lucky, but instead gnats, mosquitoes, and sweat bees (especially when fishing) always find me.
sweat bees are a pain because you smack them on your arm and they don't die

Outdoor life

catman529 said:
Outdoor life said:
catman529 said:
Outdoor life said:

sweat bees are a pain because you smack them on your arm and they don't die

Yep! Then they sting you which feels great in the middle of summer with all the heat. After a few stings on the river, thats when I just empty my pockets and dive in, try to drown the bees out lol.