Thoughts on pistol grip stocks.

Displaced_Vol

I've never used one but I am curious about them. I don't think I'd like one, but I'd like to try and shoot one and see what I think.

Setterman

I have one on my SBE2, and really like it. I despised it at first though. For some reason the pistol grip made it basically impossible for me to keep my head down when shooting at birds, and therefore I went on an epic missing streak. Dang near through the entire gun away it was so bad. Added a Burris Fast Fire and now am very happy with the set up. I am not entirely sure the pistol grip makes a difference but I do like it.

Also, without the fast fire the recoil was crushing. Something about the angle change would allow my cheek bone to absorb the majority of the recoil rather than my shoulder. That went away with the fast fire

Soft Talker

I have one on my SBE2, and really like it. I despised it at first though. For some reason the pistol grip made it basically impossible for me to keep my head down when shooting at birds, and therefore I went on an epic missing streak. Dang near through the entire gun away it was so bad. Added a Burris Fast Fire and now am very happy with the set up. I am not entirely sure the pistol grip makes a difference but I do like it.

Also, without the fast fire the recoil was crushing. Something about the angle change would allow my cheek bone to absorb the majority of the recoil rather than my shoulder. That went away with the fast fire
Heard you were cool, but didn't realize you were that cool😀

REN

I really like them if your gun is dedicated for turkey. I have/had one on my SBE2 when I was still using a 12 gauge and it made a HUGE difference for to me in comfort and shooting. Only issue I had on that gun was I had a speed bead on it and changing the stock out so I could duck hunt and dove hunt with it was a pain cause I had to sight it back in each time.

But I moved to a 20g anyways so I just left it off at the moment cause I just dont use that gun to turkey hunt anymore.

TRHC

It's going to be a dedicated turkey gun. I'll more than likely go with the urbino stock since it also shortens length of pull.
I first had one on a 12 gauge Benelli M2 and wanted to set up a lighter 20 gauge for my kids. The mesa tactical and some others looked a little too "tactical" to me, so I wound up going with the Choate brand. I liked the 20 so much after shooting tss, I sold the 12 and bought 2 more 20s. My boys and I now have 3 dedicated turkey guns with these and are pleased. For dedicated turkey guns, and maybe even on a slugger, I think I like the pistol grip better than a conventional butt stock.

TRHC

B22590B2-4CA0-4F26-AE53-B0D29AB62DF1.png

Latest posts