Thought some of y'all might enjoy this read.

Boll Weevil

Remember Ben Rogers Lee? I played that little cassette tape he recorded over and over and over til it had dead spots wore in it. Thanks to whoever on GON posted it.

Woodman

Years ago ( I'm a bit long-in-the-tooth) I had a cassette tape of his that I played in my car driving to and from work & practiced my mouth calls.

Still have a Ben Lee "signed" Twin-Hen box call that makes some sweet sounds.

Hawk

Remember Ben Rogers Lee? I played that little cassette tape he recorded over and over and over til it had dead spots wore in it. Thanks to whoever on GON posted it.

Talk about long in the tooth he was a a special speaker @ one of the first meetings the NWTF Tennessee Chapter at the home of Terry Jeter. There were not many of us and not many turkeys either in those days.

Andy S.

Great read and a lot of truth in it. Ben Lee influenced a lot of great turkey hunters during his day. More so than our generation will ever realize. The absolute best turkey hunter in my neck of the woods, Mr. Eddie (in his 70s today) studied Ben Lee, has always hunted with Ben Lee calls, and mostly with old school 12G 2 3/4" shells. He is 70 something years old and still whoops up on them every year if he gets around them. The great turkey hunters in my area talk about how magical Eddie was and still is in the turkey woods. He always asked us younger guys if we will teach him how to kill one, kind of messing with us if you will. 😝

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Latest posts