Those were no jakes!

catman529

This afternoon I see birds coming into the yard yet again. Not the usual hen and 3 jakes. 2 hens and 4 longbeards. Never seen em before. As a bonus, the dominant bird had a double beard. 2 full size beards, not just 1 and an extra skinny one. Looking through binocs their spurs appeared to be 1 inch plus. I have pics of the birds but they are still on the camera... I'll post later.

catman529

Here are the pics. the birds did not come as close so the pics are not as clear. The first pic is the closest they were. The strutter is the double beard

P1000620_zpsa225c59e.jpg

P1000634_zps3667b23d.jpg

P1000641_zpsdb8da51d.jpg

P1000646_zpsd2aa97cc.jpg

Grizzly Johnson

I'd have to say a split beard.... but without you killing him and actually looking for skin between two separate beards... it's anybody's guess.

elkman

catman529 said:
This afternoon I see birds coming into the yard yet again. Not the usual hen and 3 jakes. 2 hens and 4 longbeards. Never seen em before. As a bonus, the dominant bird had a double beard. 2 full size beards, not just 1 and an extra skinny one. Looking through binocs their spurs appeared to be 1 inch plus. I have pics of the birds but they are still on the camera... I'll post later.

Now where did you say you lived? :grin:

catman529

Grizzly Johnson said:
I'd have to say a split beard.... but without you killing him and actually looking for skin between two seperate beards... it's anybody's guess.
I looked thru the binocs and there was a clear separation all the way, of course I would have to see the skin to be sure, but it looked very much like 2 distinct beards to me.

Grizzly Johnson

catman529 said:
Grizzly Johnson said:
I'd have to say a split beard.... but without you killing him and actually looking for skin between two seperate beards... it's anybody's guess.
I looked thru the binocs and there was a clear separation all the way, of course I would have to see the skin to be sure, but it looked very much like 2 distinct beards to me.

Stick him with an arrow and find out!!! :D :grin:

catman529

Grizzly Johnson said:
catman529 said:
Grizzly Johnson said:

Stick him with an arrow and find out!!! :D :grin:
I hope neighbors don't mind a boom because if that birds not within 15 yards I ain't slinging an arrow. :D

catman529

Thanks griz. Tentative for the weekend of the 6th for me hunting w Hollar hunter but ill be a short sprint from chapel hill any time I hunt yanahli.

Latest posts