Smokeless Those that use vials

Smokeless

Jcalder

For those that use the vials, what kind of container are you using to keep those in? I have a shell holder and plan on using that hunting. I also have an old tackle box that I keep my muzzleloader supplies in but would like to consolidate and downsize. I looked at Pittman's website and they show a 50 round box with the vials but I can't decide if I should use a 20 gauge box or 12 gauge box.
abe5989da7e135f71ff158b43ea264d0.jpg
this is the box that has caught my eye. Mainly will be used for range days and possibly kept in the truck during hunting days in case I need to stock up on reload.
51a6c92b61f1c3baf12e7258efdbb3d3.jpg
these are the vials I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

I use those same vials up to 110gr of smokeless powder. Over that and I use a larger vial. The 20ga box holds the perfectly. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15644 ... nd-plastic

For hunting, I use rifle brass. The 300 Win Mag will hold more than 75gr of smokeless powder and the opening is small enough that I don't need a funnel to avoid spilling during loading. You can get white rubber caps to cap the brass in the shelving area of Home Depot or use vacuum caps from the auto parts store.

BULL MOOSE

jlanecr500":1w3zz7vy said:
I use those same vials up to 110gr of smokeless powder. Over that and I use a larger vial. The 20ga box holds the perfectly. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15644 ... nd-plastic

For hunting, I use rifle brass. The 300 Win Mag will hold more than 75gr of smokeless powder and the opening is small enough that I don't need a funnel to avoid spilling during loading. You can get white rubber caps to cap the brass in the shelving area of Home Depot or use vacuum caps from the auto parts store.

Now that is good info. I kept my powder and a sabot in one of the plastic vials....when I went to reload after a miss, the powder had gotten around the sabot a bit and it was stuck...it finally came out and I got loaded, but it cost me a very good 2nd chance on a nice buck that just stood with the hot doe. I now carry seperate ky.

I also wrap about two inches of black electrical tape around every hunting vial. I religiously put that tape over the end of my barrel to remind me that it is loaded. It only takes a few seconds.

tndanny

I like the vials you can buy off ebay that has twist on tops. I shoot 78 ,gr smokless and my other I shoot 82. And u can buy 100 for about 18.00 dollars

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jcalder

tndanny":15qumf9h said:
I like the vials you can buy off ebay that has twist on tops. I shoot 78 ,gr smokless and my other I shoot 82. And u can buy 100 for about 18.00 dollars

I finally got the shotgun box above. Didn't realize at the time it was a shotgun box. I also ordered 100 of the twist top vials. Thinking they were under $10. Took almost a month to get them from China

jlanecr500

Jcalder":2bt1rlb3 said:
tndanny":2bt1rlb3 said:

I finally got the shotgun box above. Didn't realize at the time it was a shotgun box. I also ordered 100 of the twist top vials. Thinking they were under $10. Took almost a month to get them from China

I have 2 of those boxes that you can have. I'll bring them next time I'm out your way.

hittingsteal

Jcalder":dhuut339 said:
edc0fe85b52996ad0696c830d42f6e95.jpg
I've since added another box lol

If you are looking for something small try the shotgun choke tube carrier, they hold 5 small enuff keep in pocket plus keep them dry.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jcalder

hittingsteal":56hzw66v said:
Jcalder":56hzw66v said:
edc0fe85b52996ad0696c830d42f6e95.jpg
I've since added another box lol

If you are looking for something small try the shotgun choke tube carrier, they hold 5 small enuff keep in pocket plus keep them dry.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I've got a pouch I keep on the stock while hunting that holds everything nice and neat

Latest posts