This would be neat to have!

Redwing

That is cool, As soon as I finish a couple of Adirondack chairs for a guy, I'm drawing up one, wonder how those magnet locks work?

Hunter 257W

Kevin said:
about the ONLY downfall i can see is that its not fireproof

My thoughts exactly. I can see having one or two secret compartments so that you have a gun that can be accessed in a hurry but to store your entire collection in a wood structure is taking a big risk.

Diehard Hunter

Hunter 257W said:
Kevin said:
about the ONLY downfall i can see is that its not fireproof

My thoughts exactly. I can see having one or two secret compartments so that you have a gun that can be accessed in a hurry but to store your entire collection in a wood structure is taking a big risk.

Have you ever seen guns that were inside a "fireproof" safe during a fire? They may not have caught fire, but they are ruined nonetheless. The intense heat inside the safe will turn the wood to charcoal and warp the metal. Granted, if it is a small fire, they may be afforded some protection, but if you have a whole house fire, they are gone, fireproof or not.

Hunter 257W

One of the gun magazines had an article not too long ago telling of the condition of an acquantances guns after a fire. Most fared pretty good. I bet it varies a lot depending on the quality of the safe and as you say how hot the fire gets. The intensity of the fire is going to be affected by where in the house the fire is too. Mine is against an outside wall which would be cooler than right in the center of a multiple story building with lots of fuel all around it.

BamaProud

Supporter
Pricing starts at $3900.

Its cool, but you can get a pretty cool safe for that price too. With a safe you at least get some fire protection. Also, anyone you show that too would have full access to all your valuables.

Really cool, but just a novelty in my opinion.