This Shot

Dolan82

I saw a buck at a check station when I lived in Florida that had a arrow threw its face. A guy killed it during the gun season. He said it was chasing a doe across a field and he couldn't believe it had a arrow in it for that long.

Not to much margin for error with a head shot. It's either down or your screwed.

Inkstainz

I wouldn't try it necessarily with archery equipment and I believe this guy is an idiot. However my buddy headshots does with a rifle every time and it seems to be effective. Not advocating it just saying I've seen him drop 1 or 2 without spooking them that way.

JCDEERMAN

I shot a deer in the head one time on accident with a rifle (reflection) and I had to get a buddy to clean him. I couldnt even look at the deer

TNhunter

So here is the one thing I disagree with in your original post:

"Find me one bowhunter with 100+ kills under their belt that advocates this shot."

I say find me one bowhunter even with 0 kills yet under his belt that advocates this shot......

TRIGGER

I am not proud of this but shot a doe in the "head" wich ended up in her face/jaw area. I had cross hairs dead center of her head and started a slow squeez on the trigger when she suddenly turned her head slightly which inadvertently made me finish the squeez. She hit the ground flopped a few times then got up and took off with the whole snout mangled. (Shot her with 5.56). I felt so bad I tracked this doe for two days to try to put her out of her misery with no luck. I will NEVER aim for the head again with anything.

Latest posts