This is for spur

Mudbone

I took a shot yesterday evening I am not proud of. Hit shoulder but I have LOTS OF BLOOD? Trail became sparse as I backed out when light died. What do u guys think? Blood was bright red but lots of it! Chances of recovery? It's a very good Deer.
I'm praying and feeling stupid. I just couldn't hold my draw any longer and Deer was on top of me. Dang it mistakes do happen even to the most experienced of bow hunters with lots of kills under there belt.
FlAme away spur. I can handle it.

Daniel90

Depends on how much penetration you got. I would say dead deer. I'm sure spur will be preaching on this thread very soon. Haha I find it comical.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter

No flaming and no preaching. Now, had you said "The deer came running by and I was flinging lead like the rifleman, then I slid down the tree like a fireman's pole and ran over and jumped him up" I might not be able to contain myself.

I still don't and probably never will understand the point of these threads. Nobody on the internet can tell you "go to the last place you found blood, turn due North for 73 steps and he'll be laying there".

I guess some guys need sympathy and to be comforted. Let me give it a shot: Better luck next time. It happens. Go out and redeem yourself tomorrow! That's just hunting. You did your best.

Hopefully everyone feels better now and nobody has hurt feelings. :tu:

Mudbone

I'm far from giving up.
I'm on the way to go search more. The bliooddidn't dry up I just ran out of light. The trail he was on resembled a hurt Deer. My brain was telling me to wait but somehow my finger touched release. I just couldn't hold draw any longer as Deer decided to stop and smell Avery bush in the wooods. Still my fault. I should have waited I was just running out of strength. Couldn't let down for fear of blowing him outta there. Been trying to redeem myself w this buck for a while!! Wish me luck fellas.
He was bleeding better than all deer I have recovered all season.

Spurhunter

Mudbone":1y0mum0i said:
I'm far from giving up.
I'm on the way to go search more. The bliooddidn't dry up I just ran out of light. The trail he was on resembled a hurt Deer. My brain was telling me to wait but somehow my finger touched release. I just couldn't hold draw any longer as Deer decided to stop and smell Avery bush in the wooods. Still my fault. I should have waited I was just running out of strength. Couldn't let down for fear of blowing him outta there. Been trying to redeem myself w this buck for a while!! Wish me luck fellas.

Good luck. I'm going to bet you find him and the hit was better than you think. Shooting one with a bow late in the evening is always a risk. I haven't hunted with a bow this season or last, but even when I did bowhunt a lot I always had a little anxiety about evening hunts.

cbhunter

Mudbone":39wnagqj said:
I'm far from giving up.

Good luck man, keep us posted!

duckduck84

Mudbone":aju4eme2 said:
Tons and tons of bubbly blood. Is it too late for a dog? The blood is still freah and wet
I would say no, but I'm amazed you can't find him. That's nuts.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

DRSJ35

get ahold of a dog man.It could mean the difference.i would be looking in the phone book or whatever i had to do to get a dog out there.

GRIT

Mudbone":xuokpkov said:
Tons and tons of bubbly blood. Is it too late for a dog? The blood is still freah and wet

With a blood trail like your saying the deer has got to bleed out sooner or later.
I shot a buck through the shoulders about 8 years ago the shot was a tad high but not bad.But we tracked him way over a mile then started noticing that he was making a circle back to were i shot him
Backed out that night and went back the next morning and found him around 30 yards from the stand i shot him from.

Spurhunter

Good luck. Hope the dog helps. I tracked one 1.3 miles through places a rabbit wouldn't go a few years ago. There was no way something could bleed that much and not die. I kept thinking "he's gotta be right up ahead". Then the blood just stopped. We had 5 guys grid search the area and never found the deer or another drop of blood. I've tracked a lot of deer over the years for other people because my Dad taught me how to be an good blood trailer and I love the challenge. We never saw the first buzzard in the area in the coming days. Sometimes you see things that just defy logic. As long as you got blood you got a chance. I would say don't give up but I can tell by your reports that you aren't going to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Winchester

Mudbone":28cwrm01 said:
How much is "tons and tons" of bubbly blood? Is it dropping or spraying, both sides or only one wound bleeding out? How is he moving, straight line, uphill, into or out of cover? I could go on but you get the idea, variables are endless and nobody sitting here can even come close to doing anything but giving you moral support. Which I will do in saying I hope you find him!!!