This country boy is in the city

brassmagnet

If you need a tail gunner to cover your 6, I'm retired and bored. No, that won't work, I got hospital stops tomorrow and Wednesday. If you make it out alive, offer stands for next time. Maybe you could look for work somewhere safe, like New Orleans, I could stand some mud bugs.

Gravey

I grew up in Nashville but haven’t lived there since 1996 although I’m only about an hour away. Had to be there Monday - Wednesday and the skyline has changed drastically. Before covid the wife and I would go up sometimes and listen to various music but other than that they can have it.

hillbillyfab

I earn a living in the big city, but fortunately grew up and still live in sticks. Right after high school I lived a little less than a year in an apartment off white bridge road. It definitely made me appreciate my raising and the area I am from that much more.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I grew up in Nashville but haven’t lived there since 1996 although I’m only about an hour away. Had to be there Monday - Wednesday and the skyline has changed drastically. Before covid the wife and I would go up sometimes and listen to various music but other than that they can have it.
Wow same days I was there. Wish I had known. We could have met up

younggun308

As much as their reputation as liberal hell-holes is merited, I loved visiting Chicago and San Francisco (or what the latter was in 2010, anyway). To me they and New York are the old great American cities (but NYC is exhausting if you’re not 18-22–pre-COVID I enjoyed a day in “The City” and then I’m about done).

Incredible food in Chicago, amazing museums. Visiting that city made me proud that as an American I get to claim it.And because it’s the Midwest, people are nicer than on the East Coast. But phew! There are some dicey places.

San Francisco was just unique. In Chinatown you legitimately feel like you’re in China.

I have zero use for Philadelphia, and living in Washington DC area about ruined it for me. Awful hustle culture. I try to stay north of Atlanta, too, otherwise it takes an hour to get anywhere.

Latest posts