This bucks timing might be off........

Outdoor life

Nice picture! If it's a buck then it has some issues and may need to be on the table, and if it's a doe, then it's neat enough to hang on the wall, and be on the table lol

BSK

Most likely a buck with damaged, non-functioning, or non-existent testicles.

I see nothing in those pictures to suggest that deer is an antlered doe, although that is a possibility.

woodsman87

Im just a regular guy, but the only velveted deer during the winter months was an antlered doe. I have also seen one antlered doe killed during the season that was hard antlered.

old buck 171

I shot a buck in velvet afew years ago on Dec. 1. I was careful to check it over real good before and during field dressing. It had a fishing rod but no sign of a scrotum or any scar tissue, which leads me to beleive it was not castrated. Upon field dressing I checked the innards and found no undescended testicles, one of lifes mysteries as to why he was trailing 4 does. It is on the wall and although not one of my biggest bucks it is one of my wifes favorites , she refers to it as a pink unicorn deer.

Winchester

Yessir very likely a buck which his Doe wife keeps his jewels in a bag, like so many guys I know!!! :grin:

MRUTVOL

Well I have killed 2 velveted deer during my hunting years . One was a 10 pointer killed in November about 10 years ago and the other a big 11 pointer in 2011 during last week of Dec and both were missing their testicles and had a fishing rod about like your little finger. The first was most definately a buck but the second was a morph. It also had doe utters and milk sack . I called it "Jazz The Freak " after Jazz Bono who had a sex change ! Here is a pic of it mounted up and also a trail cam pic. It had a big body from the shoulders back. I would guessed it about 5 yrs old . The trail cam pics were in 2008.

DSC00139a.jpg

DSC_0105_edited-2.jpg

BigSatt

102 said:
Good grief Daryl.
Have you forgotten Bergmans rule about doe head shape?

Bregmans Rule:
as we move away from the cold months, and closer to summer, does become less and less swollen from being so close to the equator, thus resulting in smaller body appendages and smaller heads. The heads become more "cylindrical" in shape. Unlike bucks who have larger appendages and more "square" looking heads.

Wow...wildlife management 101.

Some people....

Latest posts