Thinking about taking next season off.

timberjack86

I'm 35, it's alot of work getting up on my only 2 off days hunting, skinning, and processing my deer, but it's well worth it since we hardly ever buy beef. But I can't lie it's nice sometimes to not pull the trigger and relax after hunting. I have noticed I'm not as motivated as I used to be but I wouldn't trade deer season for anything but my family if it came down to that.

Carlos

I am 42, 6’1” and 220lbs. I normally run 3 miles a day. 15-20 miles a week. I have been dealing with some foot pain and not fallowing the normal diet i keep. I have been eating more junk food, lots of sugar and carbs I normally would not eat. I have started to get more back and joint pain. A lot more stiffness. I normally feel a lot better at 200lbs or under. Around 195lbs or so was pretty comfortable with almost no pain.
That's my goal, 195. I figure it will take at least a couple of months, and quite a few changes, with my diet and exercise.

duckriver

I'm 35, it's alot of work getting up on my only 2 off days hunting, skinning, and processing my deer, but it's well worth it since we hardly ever buy beef. But I can't lie it's nice sometimes to not pull the trigger and relax after hunting. I have noticed I'm not as motivated as I used to be but I wouldn't trade deer season for anything but my family if it came down to that.
I’m 36 and agree with everything you said. Except we raise beef also and I always have a freezer full...

Rabbitkil

With everything going on with my son i decided to not deer hunt this year but bought a dog to train for squirrels I can work with her a little on days off and not have to dedicate 1/2 day or more to hunting. Also I know this time next year he will be back to walking and being able to take him with the dog will be more fun than anything