• Help Support TNDeer:

Things I should have bought a long time ago

brassmagnet

The Colt Peacemaker that matched the New Frontier 22/22 mag I got at Gun City in Nashville. The New Frontier was $112 the Peacemaker was $106, didn't have it. Also the 2 Walther P38's a guy my dad knew that were $45.00 apiece.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Trapper John

Worksharp knife sharpener. I learned to sharpen with a stone when I was younger and can do it fine, but good lord I love being able to sharpen half a dozen knives to scalpel sharpness in just a few minutes.

Spurhunter

Supporter
Worksharp knife sharpener. I learned to sharpen with a stone when I was younger and can do it fine, but good lord I love being able to sharpen half a dozen knives to scalpel sharpness in just a few minutes.
You have my attention. Which one do you have? How long do the abrasives last?

Hunter 257W

I assume Catman had in mind things that we do now have rather than thing we wish we had. I think of how long I loaded my own ammo with just a beam scale and powder trickler to measure powder. I probably did this for about 20 years before getting an adjustable powder dropper. Of course being a broke college kid will inspire doing things as cheap as possible. I did get the RCBS Little Dandy powder dropper that used the fixed rotors for high volume pistol loads way before that. I sure spent a lot of time weighing rifle charges all those years. :)

I also never bought a new lawn mower until I turned 57 and that was a thrill to actually have a brand new mower with everything working and fitting like new. :) But if I had it to do over again, I'd still wait just as long because being tight with spending for all those years is why I'm financially better off now.

Latest posts