• Help Support TNDeer:

Things I should have bought a long time ago

catman529

Here’s one, a vacuum sealer. I’ve always done the freezer bags with a little water to keep air off the steaks. Works fine, but dang it I shoulda just spent the money a long time ago. This ain’t even one of the fancy ones, just the cheaper cabelas sealer.
Of all things that made me buy one, it was skipjack, not steak. But I’ve got some backstrap that’s been aging a while and I’m gonna use this to portion out the steaks.
C47D9FE6-9C98-4D54-B730-7D4E11C18C1D.jpeg

what is one tool or piece of equipment y’all bought that you wish you’d have bought a long time ago?

EastTNHunter

Acorn Kruncher... not really

I fought for years without having a small dedicated table and risers for height for butchering, but now that I have it it makes all the difference in the world.

Close second is a fleece neck gaiter for the tree stand on cold hunts.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Lost Lake

Supporter
Reloading equipment. Started in 1998, and should've done it way sooner. I'm really glad a friend got me into it way back then.

ImThere

I’m not sure.
I do wish I would have bought things along time ago
land, lake house, 1 gen Dodge diesel or OBS Ford crew cab 7.3. I remember a time where diesel trucks were a hard sale. Now you cannot buy one!! Lol
Back in 2000 I had the opportunity to buy 100+ acres with a 2000+ sqft house for $79k in Marshal county. Now I couldn’t buy the land or the house for that!

Weegee

I'm an adult onset hunter, and have only been getting serious the last couple years. So, my answer to the question might be a little different that a lot of y'all's: A muzzle loader. I only bought one before the 2020 season. For $200 I got a Traditions Buckstalker that extended my season by two whole weeks when the pressure on public is a little bit less. That smoke pole has probably doubled my annual kills. Easy choice.

moondawg

I'm an adult onset hunter, and have only been getting serious the last couple years. So, my answer to the question might be a little different that a lot of y'all's: A muzzle loader. I only bought one before the 2020 season. For $200 I got a Traditions Buckstalker that extended my season by two whole weeks when the pressure on public is a little bit less. That smoke pole has probably doubled my annual kills. Easy choice.
Good idea. That's what I did when I first started about 20 yrs ago. If you just get a centerfire rifle for gun season, you're just limited to gun season. A muzzleloader gets you in the woods sooner, and you can use it during gun season.

backyardtndeer

Some opportunities on land I wish I had jumped on.

More reloading components last year before primers got scarce.

DoubleRidge

Tool wise....wood working related.....the Kreg Jig.... very handy.

I'm also a fan of the vacuum sealer and the KitchenAid mixer in the kitchen.

Knowing what I know now.... I'd bought these items or "tools" sooner.

Outside of the tool category.....I wish we would have bought our land earlier in life.

jag1

Due to budget constraints and the wife staying home for years with our little one, money never was available for a 4 wheeler. I found one two seasons ago used 2013 Honda Foreman 500 4wd with around 200 miles on it. Owned by an old man who never put it in the mud. I changed that : )