• Help Support TNDeer:

Things I learned from having Covid...

bwgarrett3

1. You find out who really cares about you. Some people I considered pretty close friends never once checked on me or my family. I know now.
2. People will treat you like you have an STD and if you walk too close to them it means you want to take them to bed with you...........even days after your quarantine is over.
3. Losing your sense of taste and smell is a truly weird experience. When I couldn't smell Vicks vapor rub I knew things were bad.
4. Trying to get back to the woods before you're ready can be a struggle. I got winded even quicker than normal.
5. Even tho daddy and momma don't feel well and have zero energy thru most of the quarantine, their kids who have to quarantine with them DO!
6. Campfires in your yard can be an extremely exciting event after just two days stuck in the house. Eating smores and the smell of the campfire however aren't as enjoyable. (See # 3)
7. The prayers and encouragement from the members of TnDeer never ceases to surprise me.

I'm sure more will come to me after I post this.

This is in no way meaning to make fun of those who have struggled or even died from Covid. I understand that it can be very serious. This is simply the perspective of someone who made it thru with only minor complications and trying to cast some humor on it.

RS

Speaking as someone who is hopefully on the backside of recovering from my second bout with Covid, I agree with everything you have said. I’m still weak and my ribs feel like a punching bag from all the dry coughing. My sense of taste has somewhat returned, but my smell is not quite there yet. I was still having issues getting winded from my first bout back in early May when I caught it again a few weeks ago.

i’m hoping I can get healthy enough for my annual Kansas bow hunt in a few weeks. It hurts my lungs to breathe in cold air, so hopefully the temps won’t be below zero like it was a few days last year.

Omega

Speaking as someone who is hopefully on the backside of recovering from my second bout with Covid, I agree with everything you have said. I’m still weak and my ribs feel like a punching bag from all the dry coughing. My sense of taste has somewhat returned, but my smell is not quite there yet. I was still having issues getting winded from my first bout back in early May when I caught it again a few weeks ago.

i’m hoping I can get healthy enough for my annual Kansas bow hunt in a few weeks. It hurts my lungs to breathe in cold air, so hopefully the temps won’t be below zero like it was a few days last year.
Wear a balaclava, the air will be warmer when entering your lungs. Spent some time in Hokkaido Japan doing winter training and learned quickly that it makes a difference. If you are extra sensitive to the cold air, find one with a heat exchanger, but most can just use a thicker one and get good results.

PalsPal

1. You find out who really cares about you. Some people I considered pretty close friends never once checked on me or my family. I know now.
I also had an issue with this, and it bothered me to a degree.

However, now that I've recovered I find myself forgetting to check on others who now have it from time to time, and really try to make an effort to at least call or text.

bwgarrett3

I also had an issue with this, and it bothered me to a degree.

However, now that I've recovered I find myself forgetting to check on others who now have it from time to time, and really try to make an effort to at least call or text.
It is easy to forget and just get caught up in everyday life. I'm sure I'm just over analyzing it.

SteveJ

I was really worried about it when I first got it being a diabetic but it didn't affect me too bad. I drank a ton of water and walked quite a bit to help prevent blood clots. If you have an oxygen meter, it's a good idea to keep an eye on that and head to the hospital if it gets to 90 or below. It weird how it affects different people in different ways. Some people have a hard time with it. Others not too bad.

bwgarrett3

I was really worried about it when I first got it being a diabetic but it didn't affect me too bad. I drank a ton of water and walked quite a bit to help prevent blood clots. If you have an oxygen meter, it's a good idea to keep an eye on that and head to the hospital if it gets to 90 or below. It weird how it affects different people in different ways. Some people have a hard time with it. Others not too bad.
It is odd how it is different with different people. My wife was much worse than I was.

My wife's sister-in-law is a nurse and offered us an oxygen meter. We were never really short on breath so we didn't need it. Had we been, we would have definitely been checking it. Although the first day I tried to get in the woods I was certainly out of breath then!

JeepKuntry

The common theme from those who have recovered seems to be how they were mistreated. People look at you like you have the plague. It's a virus. I could easily catch it as well as anyone on this forum. As I said on the other post glad you guys are feeling better. Sounds like the kids never caught it so that is encouraging as it follows the trend that children appear to be the least affected.

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts