Thicket X2

bowriter

R.I.P.
WOW! Just came in from checking my last two stands on a pieceof property 3 miles from the house. I put a couple new stands up in there last Feb. and have not been back. I couldn't believe how grown up it was!

Man, what a jungle but deer sign everywhere. I have high expectations for these stands. I did not enjoy cutting a path to them with a sling blade though.

No need to workout today :) and I'm done now until I hunt.

RKenney

You may have cut a path for the deer to walk by your stand. One time we cleared a path thru a tangled thicket with a bull dozer and it became a deer super highway.

Diehard Hunter

Did you have some biscuits and mustard after using that sling blade?

I know...I know not funny haha........

bowriter

R.I.P.
If figger the deer will use the trails, same as me. One of those stands will be a dandy rattlin and sparrin stand.

No biscuits nor even a loney samich with a piece of wilted lettuce.

But, my writs and shoulder are so stiff I can't scratch a tick bite. Dang this old age ait so great.

Rubberduck270

bowriter said:
If figger the deer will use the trails, same as me.

That is one thing that amazes me about whitetails. They're lazy. If you cut a path through a thicket or mow down the center of a hay field that's what they'll start using.

Couple years ago we used a push mower to cut a path to one of my Dad's stands. Within 2 weeks it was a dirt path the deer had used it so much.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I am really anxious to see the deer that made one particular track. Probably an old doe but man! what a foot and she/he/it has been using the same trail on a regular basis. It would be about 17-yards.

As ana side, not a tick or chigger bite after 24-hours. Yea Permanone.

plinker22

bowriter said:
I am really anxious to see the deer that made one particular track. Probably an old doe but man! what a foot and she/he/it has been using...
You should have looked for dew claw marks, then you would have known it was a Buck. :D :D :D :D :D :grin:

Glad your out there having fun BW.

fishboy1

plinker22 said:
bowriter said:
I am really anxious to see the deer that made one particular track. Probably an old doe but man! what a foot and she/he/it has been using...
You should have looked for dew claw marks, then you would have known it was a Buck. :D :D :D :D :D :grin:

Glad your out there having fun BW.

Or poop with the shiny side down ! :D