The Vols are big, bad bullies!

PalsPal

I love it 😁!

That Tennessee-Duke game that your referencing, that was not a basketball game. It was a hockey game. It was officiated like a hockey game," said Bilas during an appearance on Colin Cowherd's podcast. "There were fouls that were flagrant fouls that were not called flagrant. I can't understand why. I've talked to several officials about it and all of them seem to agree that that should not have happened that way, but we're seeing that more and more."

K-dub

The problem is UT is playing big boy basketball and so do the Lady Vols. The game has moved to this four guards and one tall guard system, even in the NBA. I love watching the big boys and girls push each other around. If we end up playing Michigan State it's going to be a slug fest.

bowhunterfanatic

Bilas is dead on! I watched it and it was a brawl. Very poorly called. Glad the Vols won, but it was a rough house game.
This. I also watched the game and thought it was incredibly poorly officiated both ways. I'm a Duke fan myself, and while UT was clearly the better team on that night, Duke never stood a chance in a wrestling match. If that game would have been played before Christmas, when the NCAA has instructed the refs to call a tight game in order to increase freedom of movement and scoring, every player on both teams would've fouled out. All of that said, I will absolutely pull for UT from here on out. I'm going to be beyond sick to my stomach if they lose to FAU, because Duke would've walked to the final 4 if they could've gotten by UT.

THE DUKE

I thought they let them ball the way it used to be played. It was called even for both teams. The hard obvious fouls were called and the touch drama fouls were not. You have to give the player room for movement and not be his jersey.

7mm08

This. I also watched the game and thought it was incredibly poorly officiated both ways. I'm a Duke fan myself, and while UT was clearly the better team on that night, Duke never stood a chance in a wrestling match. If that game would have been played before Christmas, when the NCAA has instructed the refs to call a tight game in order to increase freedom of movement and scoring, every player on both teams would've fouled out. All of that said, I will absolutely pull for UT from here on out. I'm going to be beyond sick to my stomach if they lose to FAU, because Duke would've walked to the final 4 if they could've gotten by UT.
Three calls in a row towards the end went with WOKE UNIVERSITY, one in which got called on another Wokie instead of their top player fouling out.

Basketball is a rough sport especially on the inside. I still have problems from all the sprained/ broken ankles playing center.

Last edited:

Forvols

Just like a baseball pitcher will/should try to stretch the strike zone on hitters, see what the ump will go with. Same in BB or football or any team sport. Stretch the limits of officiating, see what those refs limits are and play ball. TN did it to duke this game, next game may be the other way around. Getting control of the game and executing the gameplan your team has come with.

Displaced_Vol

The CBS crew didn't say anything about dirty play, or the Duke players, or the Duke coach, or shockingly the former Duke coach!
I said in a TN forum that if they hadn't been so dramatic there wouldn't have been any question during or after the game.
It's ESPN's troupe of idiots trying to get attention because they don't own the NCAA tournament but still have to cash in off of it somehow.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
The CBS crew didn't say anything about dirty play, or the Duke players, or the Duke coach, or shockingly the former Duke coach!
I said in a TN forum that if they hadn't been so dramatic there wouldn't have been any question during or after the game.
It's ESPN's troupe of idiots trying to get attention because they don't own the NCAA tournament but still have to cash in off of it somehow.
Become the headline, something reporters are doing well lately

Latest posts