The smell of hoppe's #9

catman529

I bought my first gun in 2011 so I would have something to hunt the 2011 turkey season with (my first solo turkey season) and that was my NEF 12 gauge shotgun that I still use... killed all my turkeys with it so far. But when I bought my first gun I also had to buy some cleaning stuff so I got Hoppe's #9 bore solvent and Rem oil along with the tools. Just cleaned my shotgun today and the smell always makes me think of turkey season. Kind of random but it really does make my brain go straight to spring gobblers. Anyone else got something random that gets your brain in turkey mode? Other than the obvious gobbling and strutting turkeys...

woodsman87

Every time I wake up. I deer hunt to just to hunt. I live for turkey hunting though. Hearing owls, crows. Hearing frogs. Cardinals singing in the early morning.
I wish I could hunt turkeys everyday of the season like the pros. Open it up in early march in south FL and end it in early June some where up North or Northwest.

catman529

turkeyhunter said:
Ever time a crow calls, i pause and listen. Even in the winter when deer hunting.
I had forgotten about that until this morning. Sitting on a bluff listening to songbirds and crows and then I heard the gobble. Bunch of hens and some gobblers several hundred yards away but then whenever I heard a crow I'd stop and listen. When the birds are gobbling its like an instinct to sop and listen when the crows call.