The Russia collision

P

poorhunter

Can someone please help me out? Every day there are several new articles about the "Trump-Russia collusion ", but I have yet to read what the collusion was, and how the Trump campaign stole the election by using Russian operatives. I understand that I did vote for him, and I'm very pleased that he won the election, and have been pleased with his presidency thus far, but I don't in any way want to ignore illegal activity. I just don't see as of yet what was done that was illegal. Today's article said the collision centered around Flynn talking to this Russian diplomat (ordered to do so by Kushner) about the UN vote on Israel. Is that how Mr Trump became President Trump? Because his team tried to influence Russia's vote on sanctions against Israel? "They" say he lied about it, but he apparently said he didn't collude with them to win the election, not that he didn't talk to them right? Is there something wrong that he talked to them?

Can some of the liberals here correct my thinking?

F

fishboy1

There is an organized attempt to discredit Trump by the left. It works like this.

Find an accusation that can be made that will be easy to make but hard to prove.
Sensationalize it, keep it in the press.
Say they are crooked. Say they are stupid, say they are unhinged.
Call for investigations ! (good for a news cycle or two)
Call for impeachment, (good for several news cycles over a period of time)
Whenever interest wanes in the agenda, have somebody else come out with an accusation, or call for impeachment.
The goal is to keep the theme on the front page and hammer the idea home regardless of proof.
Have an investigation. (here is where it gets really sleazy)
Start pitting testimony against everyone. He said--She said. and claim somebody is lying.
Scrutinize every word, every date, every time....find one little inconsistency and nail them for perjury. (See Scooter Libby)
Claim that as evidence of the larger accusation. (back to the top of the news cycle)

I doubt that most of the Democrats think that this Russia thing is legit. BUT if they can smear the administration for the remainder of the term, it might throw the next election their way.
It is MUCH cheaper than finding a good clean candidate and running a legitimate campaign.

Note.... this is not a Left only idea. They are just masters at it and have the entire MSM behind their agenda. (see fake news)

The end goal is to seed discord among the opposition, and sway the opinions of those who are not intimately informed. That is why fake news is so effective and why the continue to do it after being caught over and over. It works.

P

poorhunter

fishboy1":kdsdahqp said:
There is an organized attempt to discredit Trump by the left. It works like this.

Find an accusation that can be made that will be easy to make but hard to prove.
Sensationalize it, keep it in the press.
Say they are crooked. Say they are stupid, say they are unhinged.
Call for investigations ! (good for a news cycle or two)
Call for impeachment, (good for several news cycles over a period of time)
Whenever interest wanes in the agenda, have somebody else come out with an accusation, or call for impeachment.
The goal is to keep the theme on the front page and hammer the idea home regardless of proof.
Have an investigation. (here is where it gets really sleazy)
Start pitting testimony against everyone. He said--She said. and claim somebody is lying.
Scrutinize every word, every date, every time....find one little inconsistency and nail them for perjury. (See Scooter Libby)
Claim that as evidence of the larger accusation. (back to the top of the news cycle)

I doubt that most of the Democrats think that this Russia thing is legit. BUT if they can smear the administration for the remainder of the term, it might throw the next election their way.
It is MUCH cheaper than finding a good clean candidate and running a legitimate campaign.

Note.... this is not a Left only idea. They are just masters at it and have the entire MSM behind their agenda. (see fake news)

The end goal is to seed discord among the opposition, and sway the opinions of those who are not intimately informed. That is why fake news is so effective and why the continue to do it after being caught over and over. It works.

That is pretty much how I see it...

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
They never talked to anybody until AFTER the election.

Go back to Nov, Dec 2008 and Jan, 2009. Do you remember "The Office of the President Elected"??? Obama was the first and only President to have one of them. Anyway remember the daily "reports" from that office? Most times it was a spokesperson but once in a while Obama himself came out to speak to the reporters. In some of those reports they gave they said they "spoke" to the Ambassadors of Japan, Germany, France, Russia, China, etc, etc. But when asked about something happening in the world they said to talk to Bush since there was only one President now. it was FINE to TALK to all those people in fact ALL the president elects talked to some of them before taking over the White House. Only a fool would not. You are going to have to deal with all these people on an official base and it's crazy to simply walk into the office BLIND to what your going to have to do with each one of these different countries.

Yet the Democrats want us all to believe different and all this is a criminal undertaking because President Trump was doing it AFTER he was elected.

S

Smo

The more the DOW goes up , the more the economy improves the less you will hear about BS such as this.

I’m not a political expert but in my life time of 60 years I can’t remember a POTUS with a better 1 st year in office..... despite all the negative publicity .

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Smo":ox62taka said:
The more the DOW goes up , the more the economy improves the less you will hear about BS such as this.

I’m not a political expert but in my life time of 60 years I can’t remember a POTUS with a better 1 st year in office..... despite all the negative publicity .

I,m 65 and totally agree!!!!

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

I quit paying attention to it. Bottom line is the Republicans are in and the Democrats are out. No amount of fake news or speculation will change that.