The REAL GAME

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Don't forget the Egg Bowl. I know that it does not rival the national standings of the others, but I have never seen such unbridled hate as I do when I go to Mississippi and hear these 2 fan bases talk about their rivalry

PillsburyDoughboy

TreyB":2pro5eif said:
https://youtu.be/Z92BUjV9FWc

Bama-AU
OSU-Mich
UF-FSU

What do you consider top Rivalry games.... I say Bama-Auburn is the best because of the pure hate and state bragging rights!

Until you have lived in ALABAMA and been to a Ironbowl you really cannot say what it's like, it really is like no other two football teams going head to head. These two teams truley do hate each other and you can feel the tension.

I came out of a department store one time after the Ironbowl and there was a 7 year old Auburn Fan letting the air out of my tires. While her older sister sat in the car and egged her on. Her parents were none to happy when I caught them in the act though. Having to lose the game AND having to go get air for a AlABAMA fan probably stuck in their crawl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaProud

I know Alabama and Auburn fans who who won't do business in places where they know the owner supports their rival.

There is a restaurant in Clanton, AL that has designated Alabama and Auburn seating sections.

PillsburyDoughboy

BamaProud":2kzo7vuo said:
I know Alabama and Auburn fans who who won't do business in places where they know the owner supports their rival.

There is a restaurant in Clanton, AL that has designated Alabama and Auburn seating sections.
You got that right.

The Vandy /vols Rivalry is rather tame in Comparison to ALABAMA/ auburn for those who have not lived it. Not even a close comparison.

Scioto

From the other thread, its clear which game I consider to be THE GAME. 113 years of history, the "Snow Bowl," Hayes, Schembechler, Brown, Tressell, Harbaugh, Meyer, the "Ten Year War", and on and on. The Game rivalry traces its roots to an actual war between the Ohio and Michigan militias 1835-36. Although peace returned due to the efforts of President Andrew Jackson and concluded by treaty at the "Frostbitten Convention," the Toledo War fuels the rivalry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

Bama/Auburn, Vols/Vandy, UF/FSU, USC/UCLA. None can lay claim to a war as the start of their rivalry game. :super:

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":gqkwjmvh said:
PalsPal":gqkwjmvh said:
Vols/Vandy has never been a rivalry.

I could name 30 people right now that would raise the BS flag on that one LOL

Sure you do :D.

They can raise whatever they want. When a team's fans can take over the stadium of an opponent and probably have 3/4's of the people in the stands, it's not a rivalry :rotf: !

Mudbone

wayne":2iuzbkif said:
PalsPal":2iuzbkif said:
Correct. 75-30-5.
It was a rivalry before Gen. Neyland.

That makes sense...
It's never been a rivalry, but it was a rivalry before coach Neyland.
Vols fans sure Seem to hate vandy an awful lot for a non rival sure thing blowout victory.

wayne

Mudbone":1tde3dst said:
wayne":1tde3dst said:
PalsPal":1tde3dst said:
Correct. 75-30-5.
It was a rivalry before Gen. Neyland.

That makes sense...
It's never been a rivalry, but it was a rivalry before coach Neyland.
Vols fans sure Seem to hate vandy an awful lot for a non rival sure thing blowout victory.
It was supposed to be incorrect. If that makes you feel better.

PalsPal

I don't hate Vandy. I only dislike teams whose fans act like, well, obnoxious fans. I don't know any Vandy fans :D !

And I wasn't alive before Neyland, so I shouldn't have said "never", just in my lifetime.

I do recall that it used to be said that George Cafego HATED Vandy, so I guess there had to be a reason for that.

And, no, I don't expect a blowout win, though it could happen. I see another nailbiter with the way TN has played lately.

THEdonkey0515

I'm a Vol fan & Don't really see this as a rivalry.

As far a A LOT of vol fans dislike Vandy... I cheer for Vandy 11 games out of the year & have No problem with the program or the fans never have.

PillsburyDoughboy

THEdonkey0515":3it2gplk said:

As far a A LOT of vol fans dislike Vandy... I cheer for Vandy 11 games out of the year & have No problem with the program or the fans never have.

Oh please..let's quit dancing around this. Vandy has long been a rival of Vols.. y'all are just acting like they aren't because Vandy is usually a cupcake game for you and like Vandy is not Worthy to play you guys . Where have we heard this before ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

PillsburyDoughboy":3pikrsn8 said:
THEdonkey0515":3pikrsn8 said:

Oh please..let's quit dancing around this. Vandy has long been a rival of Vols.. y'all are just acting like they aren't because Vandy is usually a cupcake game for you and like Vandy is not Worthy to play you guys . Where have we heard this before ?????

We heard it from you as a matter of fact. :tu:

PillsburyDoughboy

I will have to admit Vandy in years past would have been a cupcake due to their inheritant need to want to turn the ball over but they have been doing that a lot less this season . Their defense has been holding strong . I think they are going to a forced to be reckoned with . Vols are going to have to use all their lifelines this weekend to get through this game .

PillsburyDoughboy

TeamMainStreet":2fisg0r8 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2fisg0r8 said:
THEdonkey0515":2fisg0r8 said:

We heard it from you as a matter of fact. :tu:

EXACTLY

Latest posts