The NWR turkey hunts

PickettSFHunter

Does anyone know if I can put multiple Hunt dates on the same postcard? Wanting to head out to West TN if I can get drawn for one of these hunts. I see they go to the same place in Union City so didn't know if I needed to do multiple post cards or what. Not sure how it works either if you drew hunts at the same dates? Or maybe there's just not much chance of drawing? Any insight appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpperTully

IMHO, I think the chances of being drawn on these hunts are a little tougher since TWRA has our West Tenn WMA's opening 2 weeks late. :roll: :roll:

I've been drawn several times and never could hunt because the refuge would be completely under water. If you do get drawn, snake boots are a must.

This is from the Chickasaw NWR permit

Quota Hunt Application Procedures
To apply for a quota hunt permit, type or plainly print your
name, address, and phone number w/ area code on the
front of a U.S. Postal Service Postcard. Unofficial postcards
will be discarded prior to drawing. Send postcard in an
envelope addressed to the Refuge Manager at Chickasaw
NWR, 4343 Highway 157, Union City, TN 38261. Postcards
for turkey hunts must be postmarked during January.
A total of up to four hunters may apply on the same
postcard: one hunter's information on the front of the
postcard and up to three additional hunter's information on
the back. Indicate hunt preference (1st [Youth Hunt], 2nd,
3rd, or 4th) on the Turkey application. Submission of more
than one postcard, except for the adult supervisor for the
youth hunt, will result in disqualification of the applicant(s).

Andy S.

I submit one postcard per NWR in this exact format.

o0LDM8Y.jpg

Remember that spring time flooding could impact your hunt, but that is a chance we all take when applying and paying for permit if drawn. Good luck!

Andy S.

If you draw different NWRs for same dates, you can send in money and get both permits, hunt one, both or neither. If you get drawn and have a change of heart, don't send in any money and you don't have to hunt at all. There's a lot of flexibility with these NWR quota hunts.

Andy S.

I drew 4th hunt at Chickasaw and 1st hunt at Reelfoot (Grassy). Here is the best part; I am 99% sure I did NOT apply for 4th hunt at Chickasaw due to the dates conflicting with other plans I had.

I will call them in the coming days and inquire. I will take a pic of my postcards from this point forward.

Spurhunter

Andy S.":1ba3tf2g said:
I am 99% sure I did NOT apply for 4th hunt at Chickasaw due to the dates conflicting with other plans I had.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you applied you were applying for all the hunts. You can obviously state a preference, but you are all in. I always state a preference but only one hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Spurhunter":3rhx351v said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when you applied you were applying for all the hunts.
You may be correct, but I have called them a couple of times, and as recent as last month, to get clarification on that, but yet to get in touch with anyone that sounded like they had any confidence in answering my question. Needless to say, I am still not sure on how the draw works for sure.

I would rather NOT get drawn for a weekend I know I will not be there, and afford another hunter that opportunity, than get drawn, throw my notice in the garbage, and no one gets to hunt in that slot. Make sense?