The next TN football head coach

cbhunter

Hey man, I'm not defending Butch Jones. But you can't eliminate the nine win seasons and say he only averaged 5 wins. Eliminate Saban's titles and he didn't win any. That's nonsense. You Vol fans are so anxious to fire the football coach. Do you all drive around with the "1998 National Champion" license plates? I'm watching ND get blown out, but 10-0 soon to be 10-1. A few years ago Kelly went 4-8. Vol fans would have wanted him fired then. If these were the Vols at 10-0 getting blown out by Bama (after beating them earlier in the season), you'd all be calling for the coach's
head and then jump in your trucks with the "1998 National Champions" license plates.
Why do I get a feeling that you are an Ohio state fan?

wayne

Hey man, I'm not defending Butch Jones. But you can't eliminate the nine win seasons and say he only averaged 5 wins. Eliminate Saban's titles and he didn't win any. That's nonsense. You Vol fans are so anxious to fire the football coach. Do you all drive around with the "1998 National Champion" license plates? I'm watching ND get blown out, but 10-0 soon to be 10-1. A few years ago Kelly went 4-8. Vol fans would have wanted him fired then. If these were the Vols at 10-0 getting blown out by Bama (after beating them earlier in the season), you'd all be calling for the coach's
head and then jump in your trucks with the "1998 National Champions" license plates.
And you can't say "he won 9 games a year until the end" when he didn't. That's just a flat out lie.

wayne

And ND fans were wanting him fired for Urban Meyer.

Mescalero

And you can't say "he won 9 games a year until the end" when he didn't. That's just a flat out lie.
Again, I'm no Butch Jones guy, but he won nine games in his year three and year four with the Vols. I'm no math whiz, but I think that's six wins better than Pruitt in year three. And the program Jones inherited was more of a dumpster fire possibly than Pruitt inherited. However, it's 2020 and nothing is normal about this year or football season.

wayne

21 NCAA Violations...Including a loss of scholarships and a two year bowl ban.
By assistants. NCAA ruled that Freeze didn't have knowledge of what his assistants were doing. Freeze was charged with "failure to monitor". Which is what Pruitt is going to claim. The University has seized computers and cell phones. If it's found that Pruitt did know about it, he'll be fired "with cause" to avoid paying the buyout.

Gravey

I don't think you fire Pruitt for Freeze as he has baggage too. Malzahn is gonna collect 21 million so why would he want it? Pruitt was what 5th on the list? Let's face it...UT is not one of the premier jobs it was 15 years ago. It can be and should be but I don't think you hit a home run hire if you fire Pruitt. All I know is I'm way past the mediocrity that has become UT football and that's being nice calling it that. Regardless I bleed orange and always will. GBO!!!

PillsburyDoughboy

Afraid the nightmare is just starting. Pruitt will be gone next week. The nightmare will get wors
I don't think you fire Pruitt for Freeze as he has baggage too. Malzahn is gonna collect 21 million so why would he want it? Pruitt was what 5th on the list? Let's face it...UT is not one of the premier jobs it was 15 years ago. It can be and should be but I don't think you hit a home run hire if you fire Pruitt. All I know is I'm way past the mediocrity that has become UT football and that's being nice calling it that. Regardless I bleed orange and always will. GBO!!!
lwt the games begin

wayne

You fire him for a much better coach when you have the chance too and if you can get it of the ridiculous buyout. And you hire Freeze and his baggage because with the impending probation and scholarship reduction Freeze is probably the only coach that will take the job.