The Hollywood Hypocricy Awards Show

MUP

MUP

Supporter
The Hollywood Hypocrisy Awards Show
By Nate Jackson

https://patriotpost.us/articles/53308

Well, we already have a celebrity president, so why not follow up with another one? That's apparently the biggest takeaway from the media's coverage of Sunday night's Golden Globe awards. Oprah Winfrey evidently made a rousing and emotional speech (did anyone in middle America actually watch it?) that had the Hollywood and media elite having all the feels (as the kids say these days). From NBC tweeting "respect for OUR future president" over a gif of Oprah to all the other celebrities and fellow travelers immediately lifting her banner for 2020, the next presidential election got a lot of attention.
To be fair, Oprah had some good lines. "For too long, women have not been heard or believed if they dared to speak their truth to the power of those men," she said. "But their time is up. Their time is up. Their time is up." Every American should say "amen" to ending sexual abuse, particularly at the hands of powerful men. And to the extent Hollywood really does change its ways, good for them.
That said, after decades of cowardly silence, the spectacle of a theater full of the Hollywood glitterati giving themselves awards for play acting while wearing black to make a statement against sexual abuse (unless they were wearing other skimpy attire that sends a very different message) was too much for our taste. But our taste isn't what these ritzy entertainers are after. No, these leftists want to incite female voter outrage as an election strategy to help Democrats.
Hollywood leftists are playing their own gross hypocrisy on the sexual abuse issue for political gain. For what it's worth, the Golden Globes aired on NBC, yet there was no mention of Matt Lauer. But that's only part of the story. The bigger story is how they've turned entertainment into indoctrination. Our culture has lost its moral compass in large part because of television and movie characters. The lovable losers and serial misbehavers portrayed on screen have led many Americans to believe that bad morals work out just fine in the end. The destruction of the family, abortion, drug abuse and, yes, sexual misconduct, are in many ways the direct result of the moral cesspool sold to us by Hollywood. The peddlers of such immoral dreck include Oprah Winfrey, so forgive us if we decline to jump on her presidential bandwagon.

Attachments

• Oprah 2020.jpg
    Oprah 2020.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 224
RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
God help us if she wins. :shock:

D

Deer Whisperer

Unfortunately, she probably has the best chance to win on the dem side.
With the media helping to sell her, she would have a decent chance to beat Trump.
They like all that empty feel good happy talk. (Hope and Change).

duckduck84

duckduck84

Spot on.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

TNGunsmoke

I didn't watch it, I really don't care what they say or think. And if Oprah were to win the office of the Presidency, I fear it could be one of the worst things to ever happen to our country.

M

Mike Belt

I could care less about those in La La Land or their opinions. I noticed on a commercial for their "gala event" that they were planning on a half event/half protest by wearing all black. So what? Sure hate I missed it.