The Day the Duck Hunters Died

Crosshairy

I'd never heard the story - fascinating, and a strong reminder that (even though we might have access to more gadgets), things can go sideways pretty quick. I definitely think that duck hunting can be riskier than some other types of hunting, especially when boats must be relied upon to get you to safety.

The biggest thing is the weather reporting...I can't even begin to think how lucky and blessed we are to have access to hourly forecasts!

TheLBLman

Crosshairy":1pnltfom said:
. . . . . things can go sideways pretty quick. I definitely think that duck hunting can be riskier than some other types of hunting, especially when boats must be relied upon to get you to safety.
I agree, but with any type hunting, things can go sideways pretty quick, and sometimes because you didn't rely on a boat! :D

Hawk

TheLBLman":1craqqzv said:
Crosshairy":1craqqzv said:
. . . . . things can go sideways pretty quick. I definitely think that duck hunting can be riskier than some other types of hunting, especially when boats must be relied upon to get you to safety.
I agree, but with any type hunting, things can go sideways pretty quick, and sometimes because you didn't rely on a boat! :D

Boats aren't much help on mud flats unless the water is rising fast and you are stuck in the mud up to your privates. :moon:

scn

Thank you for posting the story. I had read it before, but it is a very timely reminder that Mother Nature needs to be respected. When I think back over some of the stupid things I have done over the years in fighting the weather to kill a duck or a goose, it is somewhat surprising that I am here today behind a computer. Even with today's super-tech clothing and equipment, there is not a lot of forgiveness when you get wet and cold in extreme weather.

Latest posts