The cold front brought me #3

catman529

Saw at least 8 deer in one of my doe killing spots this morning. The first two appeared as soon as I had set up, right after daybreak. One of em was a pretty good 9 point. I wasn't sure if I'd shoot him but he was behind some brush anyway. On hindsight I probably would shoot him if given the chance.

Anyway I finally had a 10 yard broadside shot at a doe at 8:45 am. Made a terrible bleat sound, ran about 70 yards.

Second sit and first deer with my new bow. Bear Paradox single cam turned down to 62 pounds. I like it a lot. Might have to go see if I can lay eyes on that 9 point again.

07bd9071b74f201be4aa6db9fc9ff079.jpg

d015761e5715c06eb70c729ad4ba2f40.jpg

Also I'm really starting to like the Swhackers. Second season with them, 4th deer. Same broadhead I killed my 8 point with and it's still good and sharp after I shot the doe today. So I cleaned it up and put a new shock collar on and I'm ready to shoot another one with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fairchaser

Good shooting Catman. We are gonna have to nickname you Deer Assassin II. Pace yourself, your making us look bad. :lol:

catman529

fairchaser":n25tqrq3 said:
Good shooting Catman. We are gonna have to nickname you Deer Assassin II. Pace yourself, your making us look bad. :lol:
I don't have enough guns or hand load bullets or ballistic knowledge to take that title. [emoji1]

catman529

AT Hiker":19gkyqlr said:
Nice!
Did it exit through her leg? The blade is still sharp after that? Pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes it just barely missed the leg bone, blades are still sharp, gonna try to kill another one with it