• Help Support TNDeer:

The "bad parent thingy" is moving to the next level!!!!!

Chaneylake

The father "according to privileged info I received" late today went to the local sheriff office to file charges against me for the pictures that I posted here and on Facebook.

I believe in freedom of speech/expression.

jag1

The father "according to privileged info I received" late today went to the local sheriff office to file charges against me for the pictures that I posted here and on Facebook.

I believe in them as well. I think his grounds will be the minors in the picture w/out parental consent. At school we can't publish any pictures without it. My 2 cents. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Chaneylake

I believe in them as well. I think his grounds will be the minors in the picture w/out parental consent. At school we can't publish any pictures without it. My 2 cents. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.
From what I am reading if it was a private event then maybe so.
This was a public fund raiser event, open door policy.
If an "oil sheik on a camel" arrived and walked into the bar then he would be served.

TDW05

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Chaneylake

I was advised by a mafia lawyer to go to sheriff office tomorrow and turn myself in.
aka, always try to stay a step ahead of issues.

ImThere

Might be a good time to delete the pictures. IMHO there’s a reason people are blurred out on tv in a public place.
your rights don’t supersede theirs.
hope it all ends well.

tnanh

There is a law I think that reads photographing without consent or something like that but I dont exactly know the particulars.

Bambi Buster

Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-13-605 (2007)
39-13-605. Unlawful photographing in violation of privacy.

(a) It is an offense for a person to knowingly photograph, or cause to be photographed an individual, when the individual is in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, without the prior effective consent of the individual, or in the case of a minor, without the prior effective consent of the minor's parent or guardian, if the photograph:

(1) Would offend or embarrass an ordinary person if such person appeared in the photograph; and

(2) Was taken for the purpose of sexual arousal or gratification of the defendant.

(b) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires, "photograph" means any photograph or photographic reproduction, still or moving, or any videotape or live television transmission of any individual so that the individual is readily identifiable.

(c) All photographs taken in violation of this section shall be confiscated and, after their use as evidence, destroyed.

(d) (1) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) If the defendant disseminates or permits the dissemination of the photograph to any other person, a violation of this section is a Class E felony.

WTM

not if posting pics is meant to cause embarrassment. prolly need to call your attorney.

K-dub

In my professional opinion there is no expectation of privacy when you are in a public place. Park, bar restaurant etc. at least that’s what I tell em when people complain about getting their pictures made in public places. Also in my opinion I would do what others have said and probably stop making the pictures public, not gonna help you any if the person does attempt to include law enforcement.

Chaneylake

In my professional opinion there is no expectation of privacy when you are in a public place. Park, bar restaurant etc. at least that’s what I tell em when people complain about getting their pictures made in public places. Also in my opinion I would do what others have said and probably stop making the pictures public, not gonna help you any if the person does attempt to include law enforcement.
All of this makes me wonder about a tv camera scanning a crowd at a public sporting event.

One thing for sure, I will "never" live my life in fear of another person's actions.

K-dub

All of this makes me wonder about a tv camera scanning a crowd at a public sporting event.

One thing for sure, I will "never" live my life in fear of another person's actions.
I don’t think you have violated any laws, just probably made someone look foolish and now they’re playing catch-up and the “ I’m the victim “ card.

Chaneylake

Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-13-605 (2007)
39-13-605. Unlawful photographing in violation of privacy.

(a) It is an offense for a person to knowingly photograph, or cause to be photographed an individual, when the individual is in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, without the prior effective consent of the individual, or in the case of a minor, without the prior effective consent of the minor's parent or guardian, if the photograph:

(1) Would offend or embarrass an ordinary person if such person appeared in the photograph; and

(2) Was taken for the purpose of sexual arousal or gratification of the defendant.

(b) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires, "photograph" means any photograph or photographic reproduction, still or moving, or any videotape or live television transmission of any individual so that the individual is readily identifiable.

(c) All photographs taken in violation of this section shall be confiscated and, after their use as evidence, destroyed.

(d) (1) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) If the defendant disseminates or permits the dissemination of the photograph to any other person, a violation of this section is a Class E felony.
Section "a" this event was open to the entire public world including China.

Latest posts