The 7-08 is THE finest deer cartridge...

ewc

The best???

No.

And I own two. Both semi-customs.

The best is what you shoot well.

Shoot against me with a 7.08. Twenty shots.

You'll lose. Bring your 30.06. Same result.

I'm not better than you. I just shoot a smaller caliber well.

You do too. Practice more, post less.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I have a single shot cva hunter in 7/08 and a Tikka 7/08. The cva is the one I seem To pick you the most. My Son loves the 6.5 creedmoor. It's a savage 116 lightweight. He can control it well. No recoil and very accurate. I've considered buying a second 6:5 but the wife Said I'm crazy.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
This takes me back to 2006, when HuntingNet.com was still a viable forum, and all were singing the praises of the 7mm-08 and the 6.5x55 Swede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR Yote

:stir:
ewc":nhxwhk6m said:
The best???

No.

2in1shot

ewc":3j1bi9tx said:
The best???

No.

I see a small amount of truth here mixed with a lot of fallacy. Saying that the best is what you shoot well is only half of the battle in a fluid hunting environment. Especially for big heavy game. A perfect shot scenario rarely happens. If the thought process above was to hold true, no one would need anything more than a 22 lr for a CCW. I shoot my Ruger Mark II really well but I would not carry it for personal protection. I want something that will deliver more energy in case my shot placement is less than perfect due to uncontrollable variables.

7mm08

Just saying..... Hahahhahah

Attachments

• 8C04B029-402F-435C-8E80-990ED917D40F.jpeg
    8C04B029-402F-435C-8E80-990ED917D40F.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 398

muddyboots

I have owned 243, 270, 7mag, 7 ultra mag, 30/06, 300 mag, 25/06, and a 7/08. I bought a 7/08 back whenever they first made the Remington model 7 in matte black with fiberglass stock. I mean this has been a long time ago. I have not used anything but 7/08 since that day on whitetail deer. I've killed em from 5 yards to 298. They just don't move much at all. The best whitetail deer cartridge I've ever used. Now my buddies are saying the creedmore is right there with it but I have not seen the need to switch.

WTM

2in1shot":3c2vnlx0 said:
ewc":3c2vnlx0 said:
The best???

No.

I see a small amount of truth here mixed with a lot of fallacy. Saying that the best is what you shoot well is only half of the battle in a fluid hunting environment. Especially for big heavy game. A perfect shot scenario rarely happens. If the thought process above was to hold true, no one would need anything more than a 22 lr for a CCW. I shoot my Ruger Mark II really well but I would not carry it for personal protection. I want something that will deliver more energy in case my shot placement is less than perfect due to uncontrollable variables.

yeah but some folks try to shoot a super dooper ultra magnum to make up for poor shot placement or poor marksmanship. it just doesnt work.

Latest posts