That thing got a Hemi?

DaveB

I raced on SR27, 441, US1, A1A all in Miami or south of Orlando, anyway.

My Norton 650, my 57 Fairlane with a 410, my 65 mustang.

I bet I could beat those guys off the line any day. Still.

WTM

Supporter
a kid i know used to drive a bike like a bat out of hell like that, until he tried to ride a wheelie thru walmart parking lot doing about 80 and hit a car head on. cut the bike pretty much into little pieces. now he only has a half a brain, literally. kind of a miracle he didnt die.

FLTENNHUNTER1

a kid i know used to drive a bike like a bat out of hell like that, until he tried to ride a wheelie thru walmart parking lot doing about 80 and hit a car head on. cut the bike pretty much into little pieces. now he only has a half a brain, literally. kind of a miracle he didnt die.
I know what you mean. Bikes these days are crazy quick and fast. The VFR 1000 I had in the 80's was fast but these days they are insanely fast. You won't see me riding a bike anytime soon. Maybe if I had 6 months to live I might get one for the adrenalin rush considering I would be dead soon anyway.

DaveB

Johnny Law or the crotch rocket?

Either one, wouldn't matter. My daily driver Norton ran under 13. I did meet Mr. Law on several occasions. okay, about 40 I guess. Drag racing on 441 sometimes attracted folks. Also US 1 south of Fuchs (Holsum) bakery. I swear that was the real name. I dated the wife of the owner's son. Kind of a long story........

FLTENNHUNTER1

Either one, wouldn't matter. My daily driver Norton ran under 13. I did meet Mr. Law on several occasions. okay, about 40 I guess. Drag racing on 441 sometimes attracted folks. Also US 1 south of Fuchs (Holsum) bakery. I swear that was the real name. I dated the wife of the owner's son. Kind of a long story........
Sounds like good times for sure. No doubt you drove/rode some impressive machines.

Today we are talking 0-60 in 3.xx seconds or less with top speeds nearing 200.

DaveB

Yep, the cars today could stand right up to the Super Stock cars of the 70's.

I remember the Ford Mustang KR advertisement.
0 to 100 to 0 in less than 10 seconds.
I can still see that red monster.

Snowwolfe

I’ll stick with my 2022 Cadillac CT5 V Blackwing in my avatar. It will run 11.2 in the 1/4 mile and has a full back seat as well as a trunk. Had my share of fast bikes and found out my bones break easily when hit by a steel car.

Latest posts