Thank You TNDeer for Supporting TAFKAP's St. Jude Fundraiser

TAFKAP

The Memphis St. Jude Marathon Weekend has wrapped up, and it's been one for the books. Weather about couldn't be any more perfect. St. Jude's goal was to set a record fundraising year at $15M, and they achieved it. The Memphis marathon weekend is their biggest single fundraiser event anywhere in the world, and it's an honor and a privelage to be a part of it. Thanks to all of you that contributed to my fundraiser this year. Of my $4,550 (so far), TNDeer members were $690 of the total. Without your help, I couldn't have met my goal.

Thank you to everyone, and if you're still looking to contribute, the fundraiser will remain open through December. Maybe it can push to $5,000?????

Family and Friends (that might as well be family). Our team runs in Memory of Derek Vincent, the son of a coworker that was lost to an aggressive brain tumor at 6 years old
406892682_10159966831813250_2384285923685035755_n.jpg

And thanks to @memfuzz for the photo credit! Good to see him working along the route!
407643294_10100312190280535_3111900959868080526_n.jpg

redblood

Ive done some races, but running to me is about being alone and out in the country. The presence of others doesnt do it for me. But i agree its a great cause and support st judes regularly

TAFKAP

Well done TAFKAP!

The Memphis St Jude half-marathon is on my bucket list of races.

You've gotta make it happen. The atmosphere is what makes it all worthwhile. Every event (5K, 10K, half, and full) will pass through the campus, which is lined with doctors, researchers, and patient families. It'll choke up most people going through it. It's the only running event I participate in anymore

BSK

Ive done some races, but running to me is about being alone and out in the country. The presence of others doesnt do it for me. But i agree its a great cause and support st judes regularly
I only do about 4-6 races a year now. And to be honest, the only reason I race (I'm not good enough to be competitive) is to motivate myself to keep running. Every day I'm "not feeling it," I tell myself "you've got to get ready for the next race." That self-guilt usually gets me out there.

BSK

You've gotta make it happen. The atmosphere is what makes it all worthwhile. Every event (5K, 10K, half, and full) will pass through the campus, which is lined with doctors, researchers, and patient families. It'll choke up most people going through it. It's the only running event I participate in anymore
I do the Rock and Roll St. Jude in Nashville every year, but to run through the campus would be super cool.

I have two bucket list races: the Memphis St. Jude and the Rock and Roll Vegas. To run the Strip in Vegas at night must be crazy cool.

Gravey

Well done! If anybody feels led they should sign up to be a partner in hope that you pay monthly on. It's $20 or whatever you want to give but the work at St. Jude is amazing. I've never needed their services thank God but know a couple who did. Can't think of a better cause for your money to support.

Latest posts