Tethrd Products

PickettSFHunter

I'll address my reasons and then probably get corrected by someone that is sponsored or has some relation to them 😂

Tethrd does really really well at marketing and has the greatest YouTuber presence. This has led to their popularity. However, Tethrd has been known to sell products that have a lot of common faults. They do try to correct these usually but I prefer a quality product right off the bat. Tethrd has also gone to a lot of Chinese manufacturing in order to meet their demand. That's not a popular thing to do in the saddle hunting world.

I have first hand experience, I bought into Tethrd right away and found the lack of quality. The little balls in the loops of the Phantom, popping out nearly immediately. The Tethrd solution….apply glue 😂. The waist belt constantly loosening when walking, the leg straps loosening when walking, etc. The first release of One sticks, with the little connectors snapping right off.

I bought a Cruzr 2 panel after that and have bought several from other companies since. The quality and comfort level is well above Tethrd on all of the others I have. I'm not sponsored and don't take money or products from any of them so no bias here.

Hduke86

Pickett hit it square on the head. Tethrd's Youtube presence is what makes them widely known. I'm not saying they are junk by any means but they are innovative which helps with the "progress" of saddle hunting. I think they rush stuff to the market on a low-bid high demand situation to try and keep ahead of the curve. They are very useful source to show you the ropes and different techniques. I called Cruzr in Cookeville and talked for a minute with them and they said come on in and try them out and see for yourself. When I sent you literally are in their "manufacturing" room. They had about 5-6 seamstress and I watched them for about 30 minutes working and they were not in a "rush them out the door" mode.

CrossVolle

I'll address my reasons and then probably get corrected by someone that is sponsored or has some relation to them 😂

Tethrd does really really well at marketing and has the greatest YouTuber presence. This has led to their popularity. However, Tethrd has been known to sell products that have a lot of common faults. They do try to correct these usually but I prefer a quality product right off the bat. Tethrd has also gone to a lot of Chinese manufacturing in order to meet their demand. That's not a popular thing to do in the saddle hunting world.

I have first hand experience, I bought into Tethrd right away and found the lack of quality. The little balls in the loops of the Phantom, popping out nearly immediately. The Tethrd solution….apply glue 😂. The waist belt constantly loosening when walking, the leg straps loosening when walking, etc. The first release of One sticks, with the little connectors snapping right off.

I bought a Cruzr 2 panel after that and have bought several from other companies since. The quality and comfort level is well above Tethrd on all of the others I have. I'm not sponsored and don't take money or products from any of them so no bias here.
Good info.... I wonder if you can just swing by the place in Cookeville and demo one?

Gravey

I'm just getting everything together and have not hunted out of a saddle yet but will say I've watched several videos that tethrd has put out and have found them to not push tethrd as you'd think they would (and rightfully so) but say to use whatever works for you. They seem to push saddle hunting as a whole rather than just their products. I did buy their skeletor sticks and at first glance and look over think they're gonna be great. Can't talk about their saddle as I've never had one but started with the cruzr xc. If I don't like it I may very well try a tethrd.

UCStandSitter

Why do I keep hearing of people staying away from tethrd products, I am new to the saddle market?
They do some things well and others not so much. I like the Skeletor sticks, back band, sys hauler, hys strap, and ropes. Their saddles aren't very comfortable though. Call Cruzr and do yourself a favor. I've tried a ton of saddles and nothing has come close to comfort of the XC. I could sleep in that thing (and have in small bursts).

I'm not gonna bash Tethrd though. What they have done for the saddle hunting community in terms of publicizing saddle hunting and promoting innovation are enough to merit respect.

Emca80

I've hunted in their phantom saddle for two years now with no issues. I bought one in 2019 after The Hunting Public started using them and I was tired of hauling a climber in each time. Once you get your system down it's easy going up and down. I haven't had any issues with any of the gear but again I never bought their products that came out. I always bought product a year or two into them being out that way the quirks were fixed by then. It's common with any company to have issues with new products so nothing bad on Tethrd just buy product that have been fully developed. Like I said I've had no issues with it but it's up to you on what brands you buy in the end. The Hunting Public guys on YouTube are my favorite and they are the people who got me into hunting and they use them on their hunts so that's how I got into using Tethrd. Never heard of saddle hunting before them and love it now.

ImThere

I think the biggest hit they took was when some of the predator platforms broke and a lot of guys thought they should have recalled them all. There was a not so good comment made about it being a positioning device which kinda put the blame of the user (not good)? But I personally don't think it met the threshold of full recall.

Full disclosure: The Tethrd group is a great group of guys. I know each of them, I know some better than others.

Latest posts