Tennessee Classic

southernhunter

Can't wait to go this year lord willing. Last year was my first time. Would love to build a self bow but not sure I'd have the time.

Who's going ? And what equipment are you planing to bring?

eddie c

At the moment I plan to be there the whole week. Hopefully working on the bow I started last year. I will have at least 3 bows with me. The Bear TD is my backup, never leaves the camper, which came in handy a few times. Current selfbow and one other.
I'm a carbon arrow guy but this last year I got a set of woods at a fundraiser that I have been messing with. I think I'm going to use those at least through the 3D season.

eddie c

If you are limited on time, get a roughed out blank and start from with it. I know it would be hard but plan on working on it and not shoot the course until it's done.
You might text Pappy and ask if he knows if anyone will have roughed out blank available. There were very few last year.

eddie c

From what I've been reading, them shoots that are in late m
May and June are holding out to the last minute before cancellation.
Due to this mess my grandson and GF have had to move into my camper so I probably won't make any camping shoots this year.

CHRIS WILSON

Actually have plans to be there all week, working on a selfbows for a friend.
Wish I could camp the weekend but I'm scheduled to work Saturday and Sunday. Unless something changes, I'll be up on Friday to shoot the course and see if I can locate some old friends and maybe make some new ones. I haven't been up to Twin Oaks in 11 years. I've definitely missed it. Hope to run into you Eddie.

eddie c

Did we meet there a couple of years ago?
I'm terrible at remembering names but I do remember meeting a tndeer member at some point.

CHRIS WILSON

Did we meet there a couple of years ago?
I'm terrible at remembering names but I do remember meeting a tndeer member at some point.
Seems like I have a memory that we might have at some point. Last time I was at the TN Classic was 2010. I took a long hiatus from archery starting in 2011 due to family issues and just being a touch burnt out after years of shooting IBO. Just started back shooting again in late February. It feels good to be back at it.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Hey fellers, check out my bow build and kill on youtube. Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors, I encourage any hunter to try it. The feeling of accomplishment was crazy!! Let me know what ya think.

portugeejn

Missed it this year, but hope to go next year. Just moved out here after trying to figure out a way to make the move for the last 15+ years. I am looking forward to getting connected with the trad archers in East Tennessee.

Latest posts