Tennessee 3rd Most Free State

BMan

From IBD, as impartial a source as you're ever going to find:

Americans Are Migrating To More Free American States

Americans are migrating from less-free liberal states to more-free conservative states, where they are doing better economically, according to a new study published Thursday by the George Mason University's Mercatus Center.

The freest state overall, the researchers concluded, was North Dakota, followed by South Dakota, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Oklahoma. The least free state by far was New York, followed by California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

Some of us already knew that...

Pic IN the Casa

What stinks about this is that all the libs have/will start flocking here.

For some reason my employer has been inundated with people from OH lately. They come down here and start talking about things they don't like about the state. I tell them the same highway that got you here takes you back and we didn't ask you to come here anyways.

waynesworld

About 22 years ago I lived in Washington state just after if got voted the 1 place to live then all the people from CA started moving up by the bunches. Now I would not live there if given a house and job. We need to keep the liberals out as much as you can. But we would need to keep control of our schools and stop there indoctrination programs as they do.

Redfred16

I recently moved to Tennessee but I did it for the weather, my best friend lives here and my wife wanted to get back to her southern roots.

But economically, we took a $12-15,000 a year loss to move to TN. On top of that our electric bill is about $100 more per month, I spend $70 every 6 days to get everywhere I need in my truck vs $75 every 10 days. We haven't found a house yet, but our apartment is $125 more per month than the one we rented in Wisconsin, it's actually a bit smaller and not as "new". My health insurance went from $45 per check to $98 per check with about the same coverage.

I'm not complaining about this, it was our choice to move down and overall I'm pretty happy(except Nashville traffic, that still drives me absolutely crazy) with our choice and the change in financial status is a fair trade for the friendly atmosphere and eventually the warmer weather.

MidTN

Redfred16 said:
I recently moved to Tennessee but I did it for the weather, my best friend lives here and my wife wanted to get back to her southern roots.

But economically, we took a $12-15,000 a year loss to move to TN. On top of that our electric bill is about $100 more per month, I spend $70 every 6 days to get everywhere I need in my truck vs $75 every 10 days. We haven't found a house yet, but our apartment is $125 more per month than the one we rented in Wisconsin, it's actually a bit smaller and not as "new". My health insurance went from $45 per check to $98 per check with about the same coverage.

I'm not complaining about this, it was our choice to move down and overall I'm pretty happy(except Nashville traffic, that still drives me absolutely crazy) with our choice and the change in financial status is a fair trade for the friendly atmosphere and eventually the warmer weather.

I lived here 55 years and you are the first person I've ever heard say this. I find this very hard to believe.

Redfred16

MidTN said:
Redfred16 said:

I lived here 55 years and you are the first person I've ever heard say this. I find this very hard to believe.

Not sure you don't believe but I'll be happy to explain each aspect in more detail if you'd like.

MidTN

Redfred16 said:
MidTN said:
Redfred16 said:

Not sure you don't believe but I'll be happy to explain each aspect in more detail if you'd like.

We take great pride in our Nascar style of driving in Nashville.

dr

Pic IN the Casa said:

For some reason my employer has been inundated with people from OH lately. They come down here and start talking about things they don't like about the state. I tell them the same highway that got you here takes you back and we didn't ask you to come here anyways.
Yep, We have a new subdivision about a mile away, and retired yankees have been moving in. You can spot em by the oboma signs in their yard.

Redfred16

MidTN said:
Redfred16 said:
MidTN said:
Redfred16 said:

We take great pride in our Nascar style of driving in Nashville.

I'm pretty sure the hospitality of the soutn ends the minutes anyone gets behind the wheel in Nashville. I've seen more wreaks in the last 5 months than all my other 44 years combined. And yet the drive from Brentwood to Nashville rarely gets above 45MPH either trip, LOL.

Redfred16

dr said:
Pic IN the Casa said:

Yep, We have a new subdivision about a mile away, and retired yankees have been moving in. You can spot em by the oboma signs in their yard.

Not all of us that moved down here are lefties, just for the record.

DaveB

Moved to TN from sunny Los Angeles area. Took a 16,000 annual pay cut. Got better insurance, 1600 extra square foot in my home for the same mortgage price, and lost a grand total of 120 a month in take home pay. Saw my first whitetail deer on my 3rd day in TN and I was hooked. Caught a crappie my first fishing trip.

North/South Dakota are tooooooo small in population to warrant that ranking, I believe we are Number 1.

Pic IN the Casa

No Income Tax!!!!

The Ohio people I work with still can't comprehend why we pay tax on food. I tell them we have no Income Tax and they still don't get it.

Redfred16

paincave_2000 said:
Redfred16 said:
I recently moved to Tennessee but I did it for the weather.
That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that :D

It's more like I did it for my wife to enjoy the weather. I Don;t mind the snow. :grin: And we all know when momma's happy everyone's happy.

Latest posts