Temp. for glue drying?

DWB

So I'm thinking about moving my shop into the garage and letting my shop now be for my personal stuff. The problem is my garage gets cool at night. Will temp affect the glue drying?

FTG-05

Depends on the glue, read the label. For the Titebond types, I was watching a video the other day and they said keep it above 50 or so.

Good luck!

AT Hiker

I've never had a problem with Roman 555, Pro 1, gorilla glue or bondo. The cooler temps just make things slower. Which, with taxidermy, it's a great thing to slow things down. Except for bondo or expoxies which you want to set fast but still, the cooler temps of my garage are never a issue.

But, I use commercially tanned skins that are very dry when I mount a deer. If I'm not running a heater or it's super cold the bondo and two part expoxies just take a bit longer which requires me to hold things on place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWB

Ok. Thank you. I use professionally tanned hides as well. I do like the idea of slower dry times for sure. I was just worried something would not set right. I looked at my hide paste and it didnt give me any temp. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts