Television prices

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I can't remember exactly how long ago but it has been 3 or 4 years at least.
We re-did the entire inside of our house.
Nothing structural, just new paint carpet stuff like that.
Our living room is narrow and long and I told my wife I don't care what we do or buy but I want a tv I can see.

We ended up with a Vizio 55" tv.
I absolutely LOVE it too !!

Anyway, we shopped around and of course our budget was pretty small so that's why we ended up with the Vizio.
We paid right around a grand for it and I knew they would come down but I wanted it right then.

I was at walmart the other day and happened to notice a 55" tv.
I can't remember the brand but it started with an E best I can remember.
$298.00 LOL
Thinking about buying it for the back bedroom just because. :rotf:

It really does amaze me at the differences in prices in electronics, especially after a couple years.

Kimber45

Kimber45

I agree. The newer technology demands seems to be the driver. We bought a 60 last year, Vizio smart tv, and we love it.

B

blondebear

prolly an emerson !

tv's today is like getting the front row experience of movie days of yore. tilt your head back and move your head back and forth to catch all the action. it's got me to where i'm melting butter over my popcorn. i have learned to experiment with other spices than just salt , must be the progressive coming out.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Actually meant to say, it wasn't an Emerson. I would have recognized that name because that was the brand of the first color television I ever had in my bedroom at home when I was young.
It was a massive 13" :)

Got that AND a brand new CORDED remote vcr that year for Christmas. LOL
Think that was in 1984 maybe?

Kimber45

Kimber45

RUGER":36vuj9yd said:
Actually meant to say, it wasn't an Emerson. I would have recognized that name because that was the brand of the first color television I ever had in my bedroom at home when I was young.

:D back when LOTS of ppl were still renting VCR’s, myself included lol.. No way I was spending 5-800 as that’d buy several guns lol..

lightsareout

lightsareout

Probably was an Emerson?

Black Friday we picked up a Sharp 4k 55" for $300.

droptine

droptine

Element

I would look at the TCL. The reviews are good. Several here at work have purchased them. 4K and HDR. i saw the 55 inch at Walmart for $398

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
The new TV's today have 4 K but 8K and 16K are not that far away so stuff gets old fast and they are outdated by the time they go on sale around Christmas.

Last summer I was doing some research for a good new camera and while talking about the new 4K cameras I learned that the 8K camera would be out much, much earlier than they first thought, like maybe at the end of 2018 or early 2019. Heck, today MOST people do not have a 4K TV and it will already be outdated by the time they get one.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
RUGER":1gbik2w3 said:

You had your own TV in your bedroom?
You must be a youngster or come from royalty.
Our first TV, (Family tv) was a 19 inch that rolled around on a cart. Then we got a whopping 25 inch fine peice of furniture TV.
I never had my OWN TV. Nor did any one else i knew growing up.
First VCR I remember I think I was around 18-19 years old(late 70's) and a friend of mine family had one. He record SNL(back when it was funny) and we all get together at his house and watch it sitting on bean bags. To busy out and about on a Saturday night to watch it. I think it cost like a Million $$$ lol

A memory i will NEVER forget.
We got a call from a family member who told us we needed to watch the repeat of the news.
We did and there was my older brother in Vietnam, on the news in a story they were reporting about soldiers in Vietnam War.
My mother ran over to the TV crying and rubbing on the top of TV, holding the tv, calling out his name and telling my brother how much she loved him and missed him and calling him her baby.
They didn't talk to him in the story, just filmed him and talked about what he was doing.
Im getting chocked up just remembering it. He made it back home safe.

M

Mike Belt

I still remember how fancy we felt when we bought that screen that had a blue, green, and red vertical stripe and you placed it over the screen of your black and white TV converting it to a color TV.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

My 720p, 42" Samsung plasma is still trucking along after 10 years. I almost wish it would die so I can upgrade. I paid $1200 for it in 2007. :bash: