Tee Martin turns down Florida!

PalsPal

When is Mac gonna finish his staff? I thought it was a done deal after the NC game ... then after the Super Bowl .... then it was Kippy Brown .... then it was ... oops :D !

Drew DeArmond @DrewDALIntel

Interesting...the coaching carousel continues to turn; just told a heavy rumor involving Billy Napier to UF will NOT happen; Gators (cont)

Drew DeArmond @DrewDALIntel

WR coach & Southern Cal's Tee Martin has already declined to join the UF staff; no word on Pannunzio's replacement

darn2ten

Lol! Who is Drew DeArmond? Oh....List hisself as a " die hard Alabama fan with Duke basketball a close second " on his twitter. That's it, that's all I can find on Drew DeArmond. I guess he's one of those " insiders ", :rotf: This is the first I have heard of that rumor, I can't find anything else out there about it.

PalsPal

Gators hire a running backs coach to coach wide receivers :shock: !

And they snatched him from Florida International :D !

But, but, I'm sure it is a solid hire :rotf: !

gator-n-buck

When you consider his recruiting area is Dade County and Texas..... There's a theme here when you also consider Randy Shannon at UF. There have been a lot of N/C won with kids from South FL. I spent my first 11 1/2 years of my life down there and we played ball everyday.... :)

"Dixon coached running backs at FIU in 2014 and at FAU in 2012-13, establishing himself as a top South Florida recruiter at two schools competing with larger schools for the top talent."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... -post.html

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":1la4xgje said:
Recruiting hasn't been UF's problem, and it's obvious Mac had other people in mind that turned him down, so he had to settle for this guy :D !

Yep... UF hasn't went in Miami's backyard in a long time and took recruits until this last class. Looks like Mac is building on it with another coach that knows the landscape.... :tu:

darn2ten

PalsPal":2j5nrxs6 said:
Recruiting hasn't been UF's problem, and it's obvious Mac had other people in mind that turned him down, so he had to settle for this guy :D !
It's a WR coach for goodness sake. This dude has been successful at each position he has coached at on the offensive side of the ball. From everything I read, he is up and comer that is being brought in to be groomed under McElwain and Nuss who will have their hand on the position. Many say his recruiting ties are the main reason he was picked up. Yes Lubick was the first choice, but it didn't work out.

gator-n-buck

OHVATN":uap30ltm said:
Vols fans. You are the pot calling the kettle black. Open your eyes.

They are still to giddy about the video in the "vols only post.". For a team that's been a dumpster fire and making a bowl game after over a half of decade. These guys are setting up for a crash and burn... :)

Latest posts