Tee Higgins decommits from Vols.....

scn

He will commit to Clemson along with Rogers in the near future. If Debord can't improve the passing attack, he might end up there. But, with some improvements, he might stay home as well next February.

They were heavy on receivers this year, and short on defensive lineman, so I am more concerned with restocking the DL in '17.

smalljawbasser

Kongbo decommitted too. And we know where he signed yesterday.

I got to see Higgins play basketball in person this year and was impressed. He says he wants a shot to play both, or maybe just basketball even. We'll see, I don't blame him for wanting to see the other schools.

gator-n-buck

smalljawbasser":1ebq5b04 said:
Kongbo decommitted too. And we know where he signed yesterday.

Or D'Andre Christmas-Giles who also decommitted and ended up signing with Texas.... :tu: This isn't golf where you only remember the good shots.... :rotf:

PalsPal

Apparently basketball his is best sport, but I think he prefers football. Hard to play two sports, well.

Like SCN said, it looks like he will go to Clemson, but it's a while until that decision will be made.

THEdonkey0515

I was Honestly surprised the Vols were able to get guys like the #3 ATH, top 100, 4* Marquez Callaway & 3 Star 6'5" JUCO receiver Jeff George who had offers from Auburn, Mississippi state, Louisville, and a few other good schools.

After Not being able to get a ball in a receivers hands all year!

They grabbed 4 receivers & 2 TE's with the 2016 class.

THEdonkey0515

Hillbilly Hunter":un5n4u6b said:
I am expecting/ hoping that some of these recievers will be used in other positions. We have too many recievers. Who will throw the ball to them?
Jerret Guarantano more then likely after Dobbs senior season.

I'm sure CBJ told Callaway and others, you guys will be playing with a Stud QB who will be more involved in the passing game then Dobbs to help grab some of them. If that really is the case or not No one really knows.

I have a Feeling that now Guarantano is Signed, and with Sheriron Jones returning, Dormady will be looking elsewhere someplace he can have a chance to start has a sophomore.

gator-n-buck

Hillbilly Hunter":1tkifeyl said:
I think Dormady is the better of the three, and I think Butch does ,too.

The only problem with Dormady is that he doesn't fit CBJ system. He is not a read option/spread option QB. Starting him would be similar to having Worley run the offense again. Dormady is probably the best passer on the team but CBJ scheme needs a running QB... Just my 2 cents

Mudbone

gator-n-buck":3l8lqdhx said:
Hillbilly Hunter":3l8lqdhx said:

The only problem with Dormady is that he doesn't fit CBJ system. He is not a read option/spread option QB. Starting him would be similar to having Worley run the offense again. Dormady is probably the best passer on the team but CBJ scheme needs a running QB... Just my 2 cents
Cbj will adjust his "system" to what best fits his personnel. It's what great coaches do. And after the Georgia win, everyone can agree that he is one of the great ones.

wayne

gator-n-buck":tc2jxaxd said:
Hillbilly Hunter":tc2jxaxd said:

Dobbs runs a 4.67/40 and Dormady runs a 4.75/40. Dormady had a quicker shuttle time.

gator-n-buck

wayne":1mgjn3ps said:
gator-n-buck":1mgjn3ps said:
Hillbilly Hunter":1mgjn3ps said:

Dobbs runs a 4.67/40 and Dormady runs a 4.75/40. Dormady had a quicker shuttle time.

NFL scout shows Worley running 4.82 40 yard dash????

THEdonkey0515

Tweeted top 5 school's May 30th Tennessee was the first on his list. If CBJ can get this kid to sign whoever takes Dobbs spot next year will have some Nasty receivers.

scn

Big miss by Butch, but after the way the kid handled it, I'm sort of glad he is going elsewhere. Butch's recent recruits seem to have a little more character than Higgins displayed.

With the wide receivers they signed last year, that position is the least of my concerns for 2017.

gator-n-buck

scn":100awcu5 said:
Big miss by Butch, but after the way the kid handled it, I'm sort of glad he is going elsewhere. Butch's recent recruits seem to have a little more character than Higgins displayed.

With the wide receivers they signed last year, that position is the least of my concerns for 2017.

I heard a year ago from an inside source that the kid would be better off leaving the area and playing ball out of state. The source is a big UT fan...

Latest posts