Teal

Grnwing

Saw my first teal of the year over the weekend. I am always amazed at how excited I get at seeing the first teal of the year. Now we just need a little rain to improve habitat conditions.

Displaced_Vol

I was watching an update from Delta waterfowl earlier and they mentioned that green wings numbers and hatches should be fine despite the drought. I don't remember them saying anything about blue wingers but one of y'all might know what kind of outlook they have.
we rarely have enough around me to make it worth the effort, and I save all time & energy for the big season usually

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I was watching an update from Delta waterfowl earlier and they mentioned that green wings numbers and hatches should be fine despite the drought. I don't remember them saying anything about blue wingers but one of y'all might know what kind of outlook they have.

My understanding is blue wings are also doing well because they nest and brood earlier. So they've not been as affected by the drought (despite the fact they don't re-nest if their first is destroyed).
Green wings evidently don't brood/nest much in the prairie, but in the boreal forest where there is no real shortage of water.