Teal decoys?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I am going to buy a few new decoys this year.
Does anyone use or do they even make big teal decoys?
If they do, is it better to use the "magnums" or are the smaller, more realistic ones better?

Just wondering.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I would stick to the life size ones. We keep them in small tight groups and teal will land in or around the teal decoys. So I would say they work.
Normally during the early season we will throw out a dozen woodies and a dozen teal.
Put a spinner in the middle of the teal decoys and I swear they try to land ON the spinner.
Only time I have seen the spinners work on a consistent basis.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
The consensus on Refuge forums seems to be just use mallard hens—that's basically an eclipse plumage magnum decoy.

And whatever spinners you've got. Even dove.

West_Tn

I've got some Dakota Decoy teal decoys I might sell if you want them. I think they've only been used twice so they are just like new. Pretty sure they are all rigged also.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We usually toss a dozen wood ducks(during the first 4 days) and 18-24 teal, blue and green wing mixed, but heavy on hens. Add in a couple of spinners and we're good to go.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
My experience is teal will decoy to any duck decoys, especially if you have spinners going. Buying magnum teal decoys jus puts you up to regular sized big duck decoys.

TimberMan

Teal will work about any duck shaped object with a spinner nearby. If you are hunt water with a lot of vegetation spinners only will be fine.

hard county

We use wood duck decoys, blue wing decoys, and green wings. Teal spinning wing dove spinning wing or baby mojo as well.

Latest posts