Taxidermy permit

TraumaSlave

Congrats! Seems to be alot of $$$ to be had doing that. Hard to find someone who knows what they are doing and does a good job. With the price of full mount forms, I think I would stick with the shoulders until I had them perfected.

WG Taxidermist

Congrats on getting your permit! Taxidermy is a great profession to be in! I love doing the work but let me give you some advice. Don't take more than you can do. If you have more to do than your capable of doing your quality will suffer. You are a lot better off to turn people away than to produce poor quality work. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

WG Taxidermist

Mike Belt":1g3ygdzo said:
WG or any other taxidermist... What would you say is a reasonable time frame for promising completion of a mount?
In my opinion it's 8 months to a year.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

I'm a "part time" taxidermist. This year my "other" job is more demanding, plus I'm more focused on family. With that said, I set a quota on deer mounts I'm taking in and have reached that number. Completion time is 10-12 months. It's possible they will get them back sooner but I'm taking my sweet time, not to mention one of my tanneries is 5 months behind. I usually tan most myself but that eats up most of my time, plus my new house doesn't have a big shop like I used to have so space is limited.
The number one goal is to produce a beautiful piece of work and not sacrifice family time.
Customers know my time frame up front and they also know my price, both usually scare off most potential customers. It's really hard to find a cheap and quick piece of taxidermy art.
Now, larger shops can produce work quicker. Having multiple taxidermist, shavers and tanners in house really speeds up the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts